Yale School of Management Welcomes New Faculty Members
Nine new faculty in organizational behavior, marketing, finance, and economics will join Yale SOM on July 1.
The Yale School of Management has announced new appointments and faculty promotions effective July 1.
New faculty members will be joining the school across four different groups.
In marketing, Deborah Small, the Laura and John J. Pomerantz Professor of Marketing at the Wharton School, will join Yale SOM as a professor of marketing. In addition, the school hired two new assistant professors of marketing: Corey Cusimano, who received a PhD from the University of Pennsylvania, and was a post-doc at Princeton the past year, and Joowon Klusowski, who received a PhD from the University of Pennsylvania and was a post-doc at Yale the past year.
In finance, Alp Simsek, the Rudi Dornbusch Career Development Associate Professor at MIT, who has visited at Yale for the last year, will join the faculty as a professor of finance, and Paul Fontanier, who received a PhD from Harvard University, is a new assistant professor of finance at Yale SOM.
Three new assistant professors of organizational behavior will join the Yale SOM faculty:
- Laura Adler, who received a PhD from Harvard University
- Jennifer Dannals, an assistant professor at Dartmouth College’s Tuck School of Business
- Jayanti Owens, an assistant professor at Brown University
Zachary Bleemer, who received a PhD from the University of California, Berkeley, will join Yale SOM as an assistant professor of economics after spending the past year as a post-doc at Harvard University.
In addition to the new hires, Yale SOM has promoted the following faculty members:
- Jidong Zhou to professor of economics
- Tristan Botelho to associate professor of organizational behavior
- Julia DiBenigno to associate professor of organizational behavior
- Song Ma to associate professor of finance
- Michael Sinkinson to associate professor of economics
- Thomas Steffen to associate professor of accounting
- Tony Sheldon, executive director of the Program on Social Enterprise, to senior lecturer in the practice of management
- Todd Cort, faculty director of Sustainability Program, MBA for Executives, and faculty co-director, Yale Center for Business and the Environment, to senior lecturer in sustainability
Among veteran faculty, Edieal Pinker, the BearingPoint Professor of Operations Research, will assume the new post of deputy dean for strategy; and Heather Tookes, professor of finance, will assume the new post of deputy dean of faculty. In addition to his promotion, Sinkinson will also be spending the coming year as a senior economist on the President of the United States’ Council of Economic Advisors.