Recent Faculty Publications
A roundup of faculty publications since July 2020.
- Lorenzo Caliendo, Giordano Mion, Luca D. Opromolla, Esteban Rossi-Hansberg. “Productivity and Organization in Portuguese Firms”. Journal of Political Economy, (2020) 128(11).
- Kerwin Charles, D. Mark Anderson, Ryan Brown, Daniel I. Rees. “Occupational Licensing and Maternal Health: Evidence from Early Midwifery Laws and Maternal Mortality”. Journal of Political Economy, November 2020, Vol. (128) (11).
- M. Keith Chen, Judith A. Chevalier, Elisa F. Long “Nursing home staff networks and COVID-19”, PNAS January 5, 2021 118 (1) e2015455118.
- Satterstrom, P., Kerrissey, M., and DiBenigno, J. 2020. “The Voice Cultivation Process: How Team Members Can Help Upward Voice Live on to Implementation”. Administrative Science Quarterly.
- Duguay, R., Minnis, M., & Sutherland, A. (2020). “Regulatory spillovers in common audit markets”. Management Science, 66(8), 3389-3411.
- English, William, Liang, Nellie J. (2020). “Designing the Main Street Lending Program: Challenges and Options”. Journal of Financial Crises 2.
- Klibanoff, Peter, Ghili, Soheil i. (2020). “If it is surely better, do it more? Implications for preferences under ambiguity”. Management Science.
- Marcella Alsan, MD, MPH, PhD*; Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA*; Abhijit Banerjee, PhD; Emily Breza, PhD; Arun G. Chandrasekhar, PhD; Sarah Eichmeyer, MA; Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham, PhD; Lucy Ogbu-Nwobodo, MD, MS, MAS; Benjamin A. Olken, PhD; Carlos Torres, MD; Anirudh Sankar, MMath; Pierre-Luc Vautrey, MSc; and Esther Duflo, PhD. “Comparison of Knowledge and Information-Seeking Behavior After General COVID-19 Public Health Messages and Messages Tailored for Black and Latinx Communities”. A Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Internal Medicine. 21 December 2020.
- Will Dobbie, Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham, Naele Mahoney, Jae Song. “Bad Credit, No Problem? Credit and Labor Market Consequences of Bad Credit Reports”. The American Finance Association. First published: 01 June 2020
- Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham, Isaac Sorkin, Henry Swift. “Bartik Instruments: What, When, Why, and How”. American Economic Review, VOL. 110, NO. 8, AUGUST 2020 (pp. 2586-2624).
- Edward Kaplan, Dennis Wang, Mike Wang, Amyn A. Malik, Alessandro Zulli, Jordan H. Peccia. “Aligning SARS-CoV-2 Indicators via an Epidemic Model: Application to Hospital Admissions and RNA Detection in Sewage Sludge”. Health Care Management Science (2020).
- Edward Kaplan, Jordan Peccia, Alessandro Zulli, Doug E. Brackney, Nathan D. Grubaugh, Arnau Casanovas-Massana, Albert I. Ko, Amyn A. Malik, Dennis Wang, Mike Wang, Joshua L. Warren, Daniel M. Weinberger, Wyatt Arnold, Saad B. Omer. “Measurement of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in wastewater tracks community infection dynamics”. Nature Biotechnology (2020).
- Edward Kaplan, Scott Rodilitz. “Snapshot Models of Undocumented Immigration”. Risk Analysis (2020).
- Edward Kaplan, Joseph T. Chang, Forrest W. Crawford. “Repeat SARS-CoV-2 Testing Models for Residential College Populations”. Health Care Management Science (2020).
- Edward Kaplan, Joseph T. Chang. “Controlling the Spread of Coronavirus via Repeat Testing and Isolation”. Significance (2020).
- B. Kelly, B. Herskovic, H. Lustig,S. Van Nieuwerburgh. “Firm Volatility in Granular Networks”. Journal of Political Economy. Dec 2020.
- Li Chen, Sang-Hyun Kim, Hau Lee “Vehicle Maintenance Contracting in Developing Economies: The Role of Social Enterprise”. Journal Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. 15 Oct 2020.
- Jerker Denrell, Balazs Kovacs (2020) “The Ecology of Management Concepts”. Strategy Science 5(4):293–310.
- Balazs Kovacs, Glenn R. Carroll, and David W. Lehman (2020) “Grading in Restaurant Hygiene Inspections: The Effects of Social Ties with Inspectors”. Food Policy 97:101960-101971.
- Nalebuff, Barry. (June 10, 2020). “A Perspective-Invariant Approach to Nash Bargaining”. Management Science.
- Doria, Matthew, Nalebuff, Barry* (September 2020). “Measuring competitive balance in sports”. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sport.
- Adam Brandenburger, Barry Nalebuff. “The Rules of Co-opetition”. Harvard Business Review. Publication Date: January 01, 2021
- Kosuke Uetake, Mitsuru Igami. “Mergers, Innovation, and Entry-Exit Dynamics: Consolidation of the Hard Disk Drive Industry, 1996-2016”, Review of Economic Studies, November 2020.
- Kosuke Uetake, Nathan Yang, Linda Hagen “How can machine learning aid behavioral marketing research?” Marketing Letters, July 2020.
- Christine Cuny, Omri Even-Tov, Edward M. Watts. “From Implicit to Explicit: The Impact of Disclosure Requirements on Hidden Transaction Costs”. First published: 25 October 2020
- Charles M. C. Lee; Edward M. Watts. “Tick Size Tolls: Can a Trading Slowdown Improve Earnings News Discovery?”. The Accounting Review TAR-2018-0689. 7 Jul 2020.
- David F. Larckera, Edward M. Watts. “Where’s the greenium?”. Journal of Accounting and Economics. Volume 69, Issues 2–3, April–May 2020, 101312. .
- Sangal, R. B., Wrzesniewski, A., DiBenigno, J., Reid, E., Ulrich, A., Liebhardt, B., Bray, A., Yang, E., Eun, E., Venkatesh, A. K., & King, M. (2020). “Work team identification associated with less stress and burnout among front-line emergency department staff amid the COVID-19 pandemic”. BMJ Leader.
- Nicolas Guenon des Mesnards, David Scott Hunter; Zakaria el Hjouji, Tauhid Zaman. “Detecting Bots and Assessing Their Impact in Social Networks” in Operations Research. 16 Dec 2020.
- Makov, Tamar, George E. Newman, and Gal Zauberman. (2020). “Inconsistent allocations of harms versus benefits may exacerbate environmental inequality”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 117 (16) 8820-8824
- Berman, Jonathan Z., Amit Bhattacharjee, Deborah A. Small, and Gal Zauberman. (2020). “Passing the buck to the wealthier: Reference-dependent standards of generosity”. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. 157, 46–56.
- Frank Zhang, Shuai Shao, Robert Stoumbos. “The power of firm fundamentals in explaining stock returns”. Review of Accounting Studies, Jan 7, 2021.
Media Inquiries: Emily Gordon, Associate Director, Media Relations and Faculty Research