Greetings from the Office of Admissions! We wish you a peaceful and productive 2022.
As we enter into year 3—it honestly feels like year 10—of a global pandemic that continues to cause political, economic, and social turmoil, it’s increasingly clear that the world needs effective leaders now more than ever. If you’re taking stock and entering 2022 determined to effect positive change in your organization, your community, and your world, I encourage you to consider the MBA for Executives program at Yale SOM. Our mission is to educate leaders for business and society, equipping them with the ability to make a positive impact at every level.
We have many great resources available for you to consider as you weigh whether this is the right year to apply to our program. I’d like to share a few of the valuable webinars we’ve hosted over the last several months:
- “Ask an EMBA” Series: This past fall, we were excited to kick off a new series where we put our alumni and current students front and center to discuss topics such as their first year and job changes during the program. We also welcomed a panel of students and alumnae who discussed the unique experiences of women in the program and beyond.
- Faculty Webinars: In partnership with Ivy Exec, we’re offering a series of engaging faculty webinars. So far, we’ve hosted a chat with Professor William Goetzmann, faculty director of the Asset Management area of focus, where he sat down to discuss a variety of topics with two alumni from the Class of 2021. We’ll also be hearing from Jeffrey Garten, dean emeritus of the Yale School of Management, as he discusses President Richard Nixon’s decision to delink the dollar from gold and why three dramatic days a half-century ago have important implications for today’s global economy. Stay tuned for more excellent faculty events, including upcoming webinars with professors Heidi Brooks and Zoe Chance. You can watch previously recorded faculty webinars on this playlist.
- Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship : Assistant Dean Wendy Tsung was joined by Dr. Howard Forman, faculty director of the EMBA Healthcare area of focus; Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, director of the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship in Health Equity Leadership; and Dr. Cecelia Calhoun ’21, an inaugural Pozen-Commonwealth Fund fellow, as they discussed the health equity crisis facing our nation today, and how the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship helps practitioners committed to improving healthcare access hone their leadership skills.
- Application Tips: In this webinar, we went into depth on each of the components of the MBA for Executives application. We shared our perspective on what the Admissions Committee looks for in an application and offered tips on putting forth the strongest possible profile. This is especially valuable if you’re preparing for the upcoming Round 2 deadline (January 31, 2022)!
- The Executive Assessment: We were grateful to partner with Eric Chambers, market development director for the Americas at the Graduate Management Admission Council, on this webinar. Eric provided a view into the structure of the Executive Assessment, as well as tips and insights for applicants who are preparing for the test.
- Financial Aid: We were joined on this webinar by Valerie Cardona, assistant director of financial aid, who spoke at length about the financial aid opportunities available at Yale SOM and the many ways in which students can finance their EMBA.
We have more in store for 2022, and we encourage you to tune in! If you think 2022 may be your year to take the next step in your EMBA journey, RSVP for our upcoming virtual events, complete a resume pre-assessment request, or reach out to us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to see where the next year will take you!
Assistant Director of Operations and Marketing
MBA for Executives