Professor Forman is a Professor of Diagnostic Radiology (and faculty director for Finance), Public Health (Health Policy), Economics and Management. Professor Forman directs the Health Care management program in the Yale School of Public Health and teaches healthcare economics in the Yale College Economics Department. He is the faculty founder and director of the MD/MBA program as well as the faculty director of the healthcare focus area in the School of Management’s MBA for Executives program. He is the co-founder and special advisor to the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship in Health Equity Leadership program. He co-hosts the Health & Veritas podcast with Dr. Harlan Krumholz.
As a practicing emergency/trauma radiologist, he is actively involved in patient care and issues related to financial administration, healthcare compliance, and contracting. His research has been focused on improving imaging services delivery through better access to information. He has worked as a health policy fellow in the U.S. Senate, on Medicare legislation.
During the COVID Pandemic, Professor Forman has actively tracked outbreaks at local, national, and international levels; expounding on mitigation strategies and engaging to dispel misinformation through social and print media. He has been a frequent guest commentator and expert on national video and audio platforms.
CoursesSelf-directed Study Healthcare MGT 690
Healthcare Policy, Finance, and Economics MGT 698
Colloquium in Healthcare Leadership MGT 699
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1996
- MD, SUNY- Stony Brook, 1989
- BS, The City College of New York, CUNY, 1987
- Leah Lowenstein Award, Yale School of Medicine , Presented at Graduation 2019
- American College of Healthcare Executives’ Distinguished Faculty Advisor Award for Connecticut, 2013, 2019
- Distinguished Student Mentor Award, YSPH, Presented at Graduation 2013
- Fellow, American College of Radiology
- Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Fellow, 2001-2002
- Fellow, Society for Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society
- Palmer Scholar, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
- Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation Editorial Board