AS A LEADER, THE WORLD EXPECTS YOU TO COMPETE STRATEGICALLY AND WIN GLOBALLY, NO MATTER THE ODDS. The Yale Global Executive Leadership Program (YGELP) will prepare you for the highest levels of global leadership. You will leave the program equipped with strategic insights, leadership skills, and a deep understanding of global business context needed to drive growth and profitability in a high-performing organization. Your five weeks at Yale will include participation in the world-renowned Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute and will culminate with YGELP Certification.
What you will take back
The program will make you a more effective leader with the toolkit to build a high-performing organization:
- Develop a grand strategy for your corporation by understanding the competitive forces.
- Persuade, influence, and negotiate expertly by honing your analytical and tactical abilities.
- Evaluate and improve your firm’s performance through financial analysis.
- Gain perception on global business environments and financial factors, opportunities and risks in emerging markets, and policy barriers and incentives.
- Create competitive advantage and leverage operational capabilities.
- Manage crises and drive change effectively through the organization.
- Avoid pitfalls in restructuring, M&A, and turnaround situations.
- Align talent with strategy to create a more resilient and agile organization.
- Drive shareholder value and balance growth, ambition and oversight with fiduciary responsibilities and realities.
[VIDEO] Hear from past participants on their experience at the Yale Global Executive Leadership Program.
The YGELP takes place over 10 months and the program is divided into three intensive classroom modules at Yale SOM campus to engage and inspire you on all aspects of global executive leadership. In between these three on-campus modules, we have designed immersive off-campus learning and engagement opportunities with our faculty via monthly video conferencing based meetings. You will get new insights from faculty through discussion on latest research or a case study, share insights and reflections on how you are applying your learnings from the last on-campus module at Yale SOM, and get guidance from the Yale network. Your learning journey continues seamlessly over the entire 10 month period, helping you transform the leadership perspectives and accelerating your professional and personal growth.
Global Executive Leadership Program Faculty Director
Professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld serves as the Faculty Director for the Global Executive Leadership Program. Professor Sonnenfeld has devoted his career to studying executive leadership and advising CEOs of major companies. BusinessWeek named him one of the world’s 10 most influential business school professors.
YGELP Alumni Perspectives
The Yale Global Executive Leadership Blog draws inspiration from the contradictions at the heart of great leadership. Each of the points of view expressed in the articles deal with the complexity of reconciling contradictions in a variety of manners.
Yale School of Management is proud to offer funding support for veterans interested in this program. For more information about financial aid options and eligibility please visit the Executive Education Veterans Benefits page.