Greetings from the Office of Admissions! We wish you a peaceful and productive 2021.
After the tumult of 2020, the world needs effective leaders now more than ever. If you are entering 2021 determined to effect positive change in your organization, your community, and beyond, I encourage you to consider the MBA for Executives program at Yale SOM. Our mission is to educate leaders for business and society, equipping them with the ability to make a positive impact on every level.
We have many great resources available for you to consider as you weigh whether this is the right year to apply to our program. I’d like to share a few of the valuable webinars we’ve hosted over the last several months:
- Faculty Webinars: In partnership with Ivy Exec, we offered a series of faculty webinars; we heard from Professor Robert Shiller on narrative economics and COVID-19, Professor Kelly Shue on the gender gap in housing returns, and Professor Doug Kysar on climate change. You can find more excellent faculty events hosted at Yale SOM this year on this playlist.
- Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship Panel: Assistant Dean Wendy Tsung was joined by Dr. Howard Forman, faculty director of the EMBA healthcare area of focus; Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, faculty director of the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship in Health Equity Leadership; and Dr. Cecelia Calhoun ‘21, one of the inaugural Pozen-Commonwealth Fund fellows, as they discussed the health equity crisis facing our nation today, and how the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship helps practitioners who are committed to improving healthcare access hone their leadership skills.
- Application Tips: Joanne Legler, director of admissions, and I went into depth on each of the components of the MBA for Executives application. We shared our perspective on what the Admissions Committee looks for in an application and offered tips on putting forth the strongest possible profile. This is especially valuable if you’re preparing for the upcoming Round 2 deadline (January 28, 2021)!
- The Executive Assessment: We were grateful to once again partner with Eric Chambers, market development director for the Americas at the Graduate Management Admission Council, on this webinar. Eric provided a view into the structure of the Executive Assessment, as well as tips and insights for applicants who are preparing for the test.
- Financial Aid: We were joined on this webinar by Valerie Cardona, assistant director of financial aid, who spoke at length about the financial aid opportunities available at Yale SOM and the many ways in which students can finance their EMBA.
We have more in store for 2021, and we encourage you to tune in! If you think 2021 may be your year to take the next step in your EMBA journey, RSVP for our upcoming virtual events, complete a resume pre-assessment request, or reach out to us with questions at email@example.com. We are eager to see where the next year will take you!
Assistant Director of Operations and Marketing
MBA for Executives