Members of Yale SOM’s Out of Office affinity group, which partnered with the Office of Inclusion and Diversity to present the weeklong Pride celebration, shared their thoughts on what makes them feel pride in SOM.
Pride Week programming and events included:
- Conversations that Matter: Foundation of Gender and Sexuality, a community-wide workshop that aimed to increase awareness of topics and issues pertaining to sexual and gender minorities
- Queer Voices, a panel discussion featuring three students sharing their experiences
- An Out of Office conversation about intersectional identity
- A conversation with Hinge Chief Product Officer Michelle Parsons about integrating inclusion into product design and strategy
- A Pan-Yale Queer Mixer for Out of Office members and members of LGBTQ+ affinity groups at other Yale graduate schools
- A closing reception at Gryphon’s Pub, a campus gathering spot for Yale grad students