Drive your organization toward a net-zero future.
Whether it is from regulators, investors, employees, or customers, businesses today are under increasing pressure to consider and integrate strategies to address risks from climate change. This course looks at climate change risk management from the tools to assess and understand risks, to the practicalities of implementing management and control systems, to the details of specific tools like internal carbon prices and carbon credit markets. The levers of change are moving rapidly and this course will enable participants to navigate these changes and prepare their businesses for the future.
About the Program
What to Expect
- Examine the impact of climate-related trends on a business in the context of climate scenarios
- Determine the role your business can play in the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Discover strategies for navigating emerging climate change risks and regulations
- Assess accounting frameworks to determine your business' carbon footprint and handprint
- Develop a carbon credit strategy to enable a net-zero ambition
Who Should Attend
- Leaders who want to employ a climate strategy and ESG reporting in their organization
- Executives with an interest in managing climate-related risk and ensuring ethical business practices are followed
- Professionals in a sustainability-related field who would be interested in driving change in their organizations
- Environmental specialists who want to link their practice to the world of business and prove the value of sustainability in the marketplace
- Investment professionals tasked with delivering socially responsible investments
- Orientation module
- Module 1: Climate change and low-carbon transitions
- Module 2: Climate-related financial risk
- Module 3: Climate regulation
- Module 4: Carbon footprint and handprint disclosures
- Module 5: Implementing corporate climate risk management
- Module 6: Carbon credits and voluntary markets
I was impressed by this course—each module was engaging and full of knowledge. Assignments and class discussions gave me a chance for practical considerations!
Senior Lecturer in Sustainability
Read the full bio
Todd is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at the Yale School of Management with a courtesy appointment at the Yale School of the Environment. He serves as Faculty Co-Director for the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) and the Yale Initiative on Sustainable Finance (YISF) as well as Faculty Director of the Executive MBA Program in Sustainability. He serves on a variety of advisory boards including the JUST Capital Scientific Advisory Board, PRIME Coalition Academic Advisory Committee, and Merck Sustainability Advisory Committee. His research and teaching focus on ESG metrics and data and how that information is integrated into corporate and investment strategies.
Registration closes: March 12, 2024
Program starts with orientation: March 20, 2024
There are no prerequisites for this program. Register to get started. Our online program collaborator, GetSmarter, will welcome you and guide you through the steps to secure your place in the program.
Program Fee Assistance
A program fee reduction of 15% is available for those working in the nonprofit or government sectors; Yale University alumni; small groups of 3-6; and those who have previously participated in a Yale Executive Education program with Yale SOM, ExecOnline, or 2U/GetSmarter.*
*Discounts cannot be combined.
This program does not qualify for veteran financial aid or veterans benefits at this time.
This program is presented entirely online in collaboration with leaders in digital education, GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand. Technology meets academic rigor in GetSmarter’s people-mediated model, which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online programs.
View the Corporate Climate Change Risk Management online program on the GetSmarter website.
Modules are released on a weekly basis and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.