Gain a competitive edge with a practical guide to creating a sustainability strategy.
The delivery and overall learning experience have been nothing short of brilliant. I have found myself quoting and using the lessons in my everyday business.
About the Program
What to Expect
- Illustrate the business imperative of sustainability
- Construct a multi-stakeholder materiality assessment and matrix
- Explore the utility and limitations of using accounting protocols to value sustainability risks and opportunities
- Develop a strategic business initiative to address the financial impact of sustainability risks and opportunities
- Decide which of the available sustainability frameworks, standards, and guidelines are most relevant and beneficial to your business
- Formulate implementation steps for a sustainability program, guided by experts
Who Should Attend
- Senior managers and executives responsible for providing strategic direction and building a competitive advantage in their business
- Sustainability, social, and environmental professionals responsible for related projects
- Risk management and business continuity specialists
- Business consultants and consultancy firms looking to better advise clients
- Public sector policymakers and regulators
Modules are released on a weekly basis, and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
- Orientation module
- Module 1: The business imperative for sustainability
- Module 2: Multistakeholder risk assessment
- Module 3: Valuing sustainability risks and opportunities
- Module 4: Integrating sustainability into business strategy
- Module 5: Building your sustainability tool kit
- Module 6: Implementing a sustainability program
Senior Lecturer in Sustainability
Read the full bio
Todd is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at the Yale School of Management with a courtesy appointment at the Yale School of the Environment. He serves as Faculty Co-Director for the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) and the Yale Initiative on Sustainable Finance (YISF) as well as Faculty Director of the Executive MBA Program in Sustainability. He serves on a variety of advisory boards including the JUST Capital Scientific Advisory Board, PRIME Coalition Academic Advisory Committee, and Merck Sustainability Advisory Committee. His research and teaching focus on ESG metrics and data and how that information is integrated into corporate and investment strategies.
Registration closes: July 18, 2023
Program starts with orientation: July 26, 2023
There are no prerequisites for this program. Register to get started. Our online program collaborator, GetSmarter, will welcome you and guide you through the steps to secure your place in the program.
Program Fee Assistance
A program fee reduction of 15% is available for those working in the nonprofit or government sectors; Yale University alumni; small groups of 3-6; and those who have previously participated in a Yale Executive Education program with Yale SOM, ExecOnline, or 2U/GetSmarter.*
*Discounts cannot be combined.
This program does not qualify for veteran financial aid or veterans benefits at this time.
This program is presented entirely online in collaboration with leaders in digital education, GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand. Technology meets academic rigor in GetSmarter’s people-mediated model, which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online programs.
View the Corporate Sustainability Management: Risk, Profit, and Purpose online program on the GetSmarter website.
Modules are released on a weekly basis and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.