Ensure your investment strategies are driven by environmental, social, and governance factors.
Through this program, I've learned about different sustainable investment strategies and the metrics to use when assessing an investment opportunity. I would recommend the program to anyone who needs to take into account sustainability factors in their investment decisions.
About the Program
What to Expect
- Explore practical tools and models to make financial decisions that consider the environment, society, and institutions
- Gain a roadmap to navigate the ESG ecosystem, data, and metrics
- Understand how ESG factors can be used to derive investment strategies
- Learn how to integrate ESG factors into asset-pricing models and portfolio management, as well as fixed-income and non-public investment products
- Engage with empirical research, real-life data, and interactive experiential learning, as well as a global cohort of business professionals
Who Should Attend
- Business leaders and executives from the financial sector who are aiming to make sustainable investment decisions
- Executives and senior management professionals who need to budget for sustainable investments and report on returns
- Consultants and risk management professionals who need a broad understanding of the ESG landscape
- Public policy and regulation makers
- Orientation module
- Module 1: Sustainable investing strategies
- Module 2: Key organizations and tools in sustainable finance
- Module 3: ESG data, metrics, and analytics
- Module 4: Asset pricing and portfolio management
- Module 5: Impact metrics and investing
- Module 6: Diversity of ESG investment products
Senior Lecturer in Sustainability
Read the full bio
Todd is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at the Yale School of Management with a courtesy appointment at the Yale School of the Environment. He serves as Faculty Co-Director for the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) and the Yale Initiative on Sustainable Finance (YISF) as well as Faculty Director of the Executive MBA Program in Sustainability. He serves on a variety of advisory boards including the JUST Capital Scientific Advisory Board, PRIME Coalition Academic Advisory Committee, and Merck Sustainability Advisory Committee. His research and teaching focus on ESG metrics and data and how that information is integrated into corporate and investment strategies.
Registration closes: July 18, 2023
Program starts with orientation: July 26, 2023
There are no prerequisites for this program. Register to get started. Our online program partner, GetSmarter, will welcome you and guide you through the steps to secure your place in the program.
Program Fee Assistance
A program fee reduction of 15% is available for those working in the nonprofit or government sectors; Yale University alumni; small groups of 3-6; and those who have previously participated in a Yale Executive Education program with Yale SOM, ExecOnline, or 2U/GetSmarter.*
*Discounts cannot be combined
This program does not qualify for veteran financial aid or veterans benefits at this time.
This program is presented entirely online in collaboration with leader in digital education, GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand. Technology meets academic rigor in GetSmarter’s people-mediated model, which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online programs.
View the Sustainable Finance and Investment online program on the GetSmarter website.
Modules are released on a weekly basis and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.