Roger G. Ibbotson is Professor in the Practice Emeritus of Finance at Yale School of Management. He is also chairman and CIO of Zebra Capital Management, LLC, an equity investment and hedge fund manager. He is founder, advisor and former chairman of Ibbotson Associates, now a Morningstar Company. He has written numerous books and articles including Stocks Bonds Bills and Inflation with Rex Sinquefield (updated annually) which serves as a standard reference for information and capital market returns.
Professor Ibbotson conducts research on a broad range of financial topics, including popularity, liquidity, investment returns, mutual funds, international markets, portfolio management, and valuation. He has recently published The Equity Risk Premium and Lifetime Financial Advice. He has also co-authored two books with Gary Brinson, Global Investing and Investment Markets. He is a regular contributor and editorial board member to both trade and academic journals.
Professor Ibbotson serves on numerous boards including Dimensional Fund Advisors’ funds. He frequently speaks at universities, conferences, and other forums. He received his bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Purdue University, his MBA from Indiana University, and his PhD from the University of Chicago where he taught for more than ten years and served as executive director of the Center for Research in Security Prices.
- PhD, University of Chicago, 1974
- MBA, Indiana University, 1967
- BS, Purdue University, 1965
- Investor MGT 412
- Investor MGT 412
- Markowitz Award (Year's Best Article), Journal of Investment Management, 2015
- Graham and Dodd Best Article of Year, Financial Analysts Journal, 2013
- Best Perspectives Article, Financial Analysts Journal, 2011
- Graham and Dodd Scroll Award, 1979, 1982, 1984, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2012, 2013
- Chairman & CIO, Zebra Capital Management, LLC
- Former Chairman, Ibbotson Associates, Inc., Chicago
- Director and Chairman Audit Committee, Dimensional Fund Advisors, Inc., Fund Family