Professor Li has research interests in operations management and strategy, including time-based competition, technology choice, supply chain information sharing and coordination, service operations, and management of international manufacturing networks. A native of Shanghai, China, he was a research fellow in economics at the California Institute of Technology and an assistant professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology before joining the faculty of Yale in 1989. He is a member of the Institute of Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
- PhD, Northwestern University, 1984
- MS, Northwestern University, 1982
- BA, Fudan University, Shanghai, 1979
- Sloan Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1983-1984
- Competitive Earmarked Research Grant sponsored by Hong Kong Research Grant Council, 1996-1998