Navigate ethical dilemmas, conflicts, and trade-offs in business.
Today's organization is being held to a higher standard by its employees, stakeholders, and society. As the nature of work evolves, leaders are faced with an increasing amount of ethical challenges.
The Values-Based Leadership online program examines how global institutions and leaders can respond to the demand for higher accountability in the workplace, and balance competence with ethical behavior. With a focus on how corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives can help leaders and organizations make better decisions and navigate the complexity of today’s business environment, this six-week program offers practical tools and frameworks to define and align your values with the business context.
Guided by professor Daylian Cain, a leader in behavioral business ethics, enhance your understanding of how and why good, intelligent leaders make poor decisions as you work through case studies, learn from international experts, and engage with a global cohort of peers.
About the Program
What to Expect
- Gain practical tools and frameworks to enhance your ethical decision-making and create a positive impact
- Learn from esteemed faculty and industry experts as you learn to define and align your values in a business context
- Develop your ability to navigate ethical dilemmas, conflicts, and trade-offs in business
- Gain usable insights to help you translate ethics and values into business outcomes
- Learn how ethical leadership can help navigate today’s complex and uncertain business environment
- Make better business decisions using ethical frameworks, tools, and case studies in order to positively impact teams and stakeholders
Who Should Attend
- Business leaders and managers who need to be aware of issues around values-based practices in order to lead their organizations both ethically and profitably
- Government and legal professionals tasked with upholding and implementing effective ethical standards and processes
- Anyone managing corporate social responsibility initiatives and ethics related to the future of work
Modules are released on a weekly basis and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
- Orientation module
- Module 1: Tying your values to corporate social responsibility
- Module 2: Opportunities for CSR programs
- Module 3: Conflicts of interest and how to manage them
- Module 4: Unbiased hiring: Techniques to ensure hiring practices are impartial and ethical
- Module 5: Understanding corruption: White-collar criminals and their whistleblowers
- Module 6: Putting a value on your values
Senior Lecturer in Negotiations, Leadership, and Ethics
Areas of Expertise: Behavioral Economics, Conflicts of Interest, Corporate Governance, Ethics, Leadership, Negotiations, Organizational Behavior, Social Enterprise
Read the full bio
Daylian Cain is full-time faculty at the Yale School of Management, since 2007. Prior to joining Yale, Cain was the Russell Sage Fellow of Behavioral Economics at Harvard. Hailing from Nova Scotia, Canada, Cain has three master’s degrees and a PhD in Business from Carnegie Mellon. He likes to say that he focuses on “why smart people do dumb things.”
Fun Facts: Cain has guest-appeared on National Geographic’s TV show Brain Games, and his poker avatar (“Raising Cain”) is one of the final opponents you may face at AdvancedPokerTraining.com.
Registration closes: May 10, 2022
Program starts with orientation: May 18, 2022
There are no prerequisites for this program. Register to get started. Our online program collaborator, GetSmarter, will welcome you and guide you through the steps to secure your place in the program.
This program is presented entirely online in collaboration with leaders in digital education, GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand. Technology meets academic rigor in GetSmarter’s people-mediated model, which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online programs.
View the Values-Based Leadership online program on the GetSmarter website.