Learn how to make a real difference
After a year of study at a master in management (or equivalent) degree program at an international business school, including those in the Global Network for Advanced Management, students spend a year at Yale SOM in the Global Business and Society (GBS) program.
Request more information about the Master of Management Studies in Global Business and Society.
Yale School of Management
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Over the course of the academic year, students complete a slate of required and specialized courses focused on the biggest issues facing business and society. Students are required to take 36 units in order to graduate, comprised of:
Business and Government After Communism (2 units)
16 units of GBS Advanced Management courses, chosen from a selection of 36 units:
- MGT 857 Digital Strategy
- MGT 897 Entrepreneurial Finance
- MGT 812 Financial Statement Analysis
- MGT 822 Game Theory and Market Design
- MGT 636 Global Leadership: Personal & Interpersonal Effectiveness
- MGT 818 Global Virtual Teams
- MGT 829 Macroeconomic Implications of Globalization
- MGT 815 Managerial Controls
- MGT 887 Negotiations
- MGT 893 Non-market Strategy
- MGT 611 Policy Modeling
- MGT 665 Principles of Entrepreneurship
- MGT 873 Supply Chain Management
- MGT 582 The Future of Global Finance
- MGT 836 The Global Macroeconomy
- MGT 850 The Science of Experiences and Well-Being
- MGT 558 Consumer Behavior
- MGT 532 Business Ethics
The GBS curriculum is subject to final faculty approval and may change from time to time.
Students will now pursue 18 units of electives across Yale SOM and Yale, representing approximately 50% of the total credits needed.
The Yale GBS program will be taught by the same faculty who teach across Yale SOM’s degree programs. They are leaders in behavioral science, finance, strategy, operations, and other business disciplines. SOM faculty are also notable for an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to both teaching and research that ultimately helps students better understand real world challenges. Learn more about SOM faculty.