The Yale School of Management Office of Admissions for the Master’s Degree in Global Business & Society is pleased to announce that the application for the Class of 2025 opened on September 21, 2023, and the round one deadline is January 4, 2024. The second round deadline is February 21, 2024, and the deadline for our third and last round is April 9, 2024.
There are a few changes in our application this year that you should know about.
- We will be requiring proof of employment for all the work experiences listed on your résumé. We always conduct background verification for all of our admitted students, and we want to get ahead of the game and validate your experiences at the same time that we are evaluating your candidacy for the program. This will help speed up the process of the background verification, which can be a lengthy process.
- We will require that your professional letter of recommendation comes from the corporate email account of your recommender, even if the person is no longer working at the company where they met you. We will not be accepting letters of recommendations from personal email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, and QQ.
- New essay questions will help us better understand your motivation for applying to the program, how it will help you achieve your future goals, and how you plan to advance Yale SOM’s mission of educating leaders for business and society. Your essays should be original and represent who you are.
- We have also made changes in the video questions that you will respond to once you have submitted your application. The video questions serve a double purpose: they give us a glimpse of your personality and the way you think, and they also give us a good idea of your level of proficiency in English. Please respond candidly; there are no right or wrong answers. We just want to get to know a bit of the person behind the written application.
Here’s my advice for putting together the most effective application: Think carefully about why you think the GBS is the right program for you at this stage of your career/education, and clearly convey that reasoning in your application. Show us your excellence and your uniqueness; that is, tell us your story, not the one you think we would like to hear. Lastly, explain how you will help us advance our mission as a future leader for business and society.
A few useful links to keep in mind:
- Reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
- Sign up to join us for an upcoming event.
- Start your application now.
All the best,
Camino de Paz
Assistant Dean of Global Network Programs
Yale School of Management