This event is the twenty-fourth in a series covering different professions of interest to Yale students and alumni. There is a separate series, “Yale Career Fireside Chats,” that covers general career related issues.
The concept of the Yale Career Panels has been to present, for various professions, a panel of people who can provide the audience with candid views and can dispel misperceptions. This event features three outstanding panelists who are involved in the development and the financing of real estate. All three are graduates of Yale College or Yale School of Business.
The panel discussion will be broadcast over the internet as a interactive streaming video. There will also be the opportunity to attend in New York where the panelists will be located. During the last twenty minutes the panelists hope to engage in a discussion with the audience.
When: April 4, 2017, 4:30pm-5:30pm EST
Where: Streaming instructions will be provided to registrants
- Where is the profession heading (good and bad)?
- How do you get into the profession and what is the typical career path?
- What are the myths versus the realities?
- What are the characteristics of people who tend to do well and are happy in the profession?
- What types of people tend not to do well or end up unhappy and why?
- If you don’t stay in the profession until retirement, what are the exit routes to other professions
William T. HymanSenior Managing Director, Agency Lending, Hunt Mortgage Group
Peter YoungPresident and Managing Director, Young & Partners
Moderator and Organizer
Francis Lively '15Chief Operating Officer, LCP
John SwagertySenior Vice President, Development, Acadia Realty Trust