Six PhD students have been selected by faculty members involved with the Behavioral Finance Initiative and awarded a Whitebox Advisors Doctoral Fellowship for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The six students are current PhD students:
- Chen Wang, Yale School of Management (Finance)
- Kevin Zhao, Yale School of Management (Finance)
- Natalie Zhu, Yale School of Management (Finance)
- Minju Han, Yale School of Management (Marketing)
- Joao Valente, Yale University (Economics)
- Tianhao Wu, Yale University (Economics)
The students will soon begin coordinating the annual Whitebox Advisors Graduate Student Conference which draws top doctoral students from around the world to present their research in the fields of Behavioral Economics, Behavioral Finance, and Behavioral Marketing. The goal of the conference is to foster an environment to promote interaction amongst doctoral student researchers, and to provide feedback for students presenting their work in these fields.
The research efforts in these fields have been helped immeasurably by the generous support of Andrew Redleaf of Whitebox Advisors.