Detailed Job Listing
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 68611BR
University Job/Profile Title: Test Job
Department Title: Assistant Director of Admissions Systems
Manages systems and operations around recruitment, applications, enrollment, and communications, ensuring the highest level of student service engagement for the Yale School of Management. Reports to the Senior Associate Director, Admissions Systems, with a secondary reporting relationship to the Academic Director MMS (Master Management Studies) in Systemic Risk
- Serves as Slate Technolutions expert for the admissions team.
- Troubleshoots and ensures data integrity in all school systems, including data transfer processes from admissions to student information systems.
- Manages the MBA Consortium application upload process including working on keeping data clean in admissions systems across programs at all points of the admissions cycle and managing enrollment checklists.
- Manages issue requests for Slate questions and admit portals for each program, helps train new employees, resolves last-minute issues in Slate.
- Ensures that best operations practices are adhered to in all programs in a unified way.
- Organizes data and provides feedback in how to view data in Slate.
50% Systemic Risk:
- Oversees cycle prep in Slate for the program, including building the application, communications, and processes.
- Liaises with the program team and communications on print and digital advertising pieces, with support from the Director.
- Builds communications and outreach campaigns for prospects, applicants, and admits.
- Together with the Director of Admissions, conceives organizational solutions for B2B marketing efforts and tracking thereof.
- Supports evaluation processes and decision committee meetings.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years in a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced experience with admissions systems, preferably Slate.
- Experience in Banner or another student information system.
- Advanced MS Office, complex databases, and spreadsheets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
Experience in data transfer processes within multiple databases, programming knowledge, especially SQL, XML, CSS, or HTML. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration, and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism, and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities, and prioritize them to attain goals.