Greetings from the Office of Admissions! We wish you a peaceful and productive 2023.
The new year presents an important opportunity to pause and reflect. As you look back on the last year, how have you grown? How have you pursued your goals? How have you impacted the community around you?
If you’re taking stock and entering 2023 determined to effect positive change in your organization, your community, and your world, I encourage you to consider the MBA for Executives program at Yale SOM. Our mission is to educate leaders for business and society, equipping them with the ability to make a positive impact at every level.
We have many great resources available for you to consider as you weigh whether this is the right year to apply to our program. I’d like to share a few of the valuable events we’ve hosted over the last several months, as well as a few upcoming:
- Information Sessions: At long last, 2022 marked the opportunity for the admissions team to resume welcoming prospective students to campus to learn more about the program and experience it firsthand. We’ve hosted several information sessions so far this year, and we have a few more scheduled for the spring. We hope you’ll register to join us on campus!
- “Ask an EMBA” Series: This year, we’re excited to continue the “Ask an EMBA” series, in which we put our alumni and current students front and center to discuss topics such as our areas of focus (Asset Management, Healthcare, and Sustainability) and our learning teams. I also encourage you to register for our upcoming women's panel, which we'll be hosting later this month.
- Faculty Webinars: Over the last year, we’ve had some great opportunities to hear from our faculty through webinars with professors Jeffrey Garten, Heidi Brooks, and Zoe Chance on topics such as everyday leadership, historical finance, and mastering influence. You can watch previously recorded faculty webinars on this playlist.
- Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship: Assistant Dean Wendy Tsung was joined by Dr. Howard Forman, faculty director of the EMBA Healthcare area of focus; Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, director of the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship in Health Equity Leadership; and Dr. Cecelia Calhoun ’21, an inaugural Pozen-Commonwealth Fund fellow, as they discussed the health equity crisis facing our nation today and how the Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship helps practitioners committed to improving healthcare access hone their leadership skills.
- Application Tips: In this webinar, we went into depth on each of the components of the MBA for Executives application. We shared our perspective on what the Admissions Committee looks for in an application and offered tips on putting forth the strongest possible profile. This is especially valuable if you’re preparing for the upcoming Round 2 deadline (January 30, 2023)!
- The Executive Assessment: We were grateful to partner with Eric Chambers, market development director for the Americas at the Graduate Management Admission Council, on this webinar. Eric provided a view into the structure of the Executive Assessment, as well as tips and insights for applicants who are preparing for the test.
- Financing Your EMBA: We were joined on this webinar by Rebekah Melville, managing director of financial aid, who spoke at length about the financial aid opportunities available at Yale SOM and the many ways in which students can finance their EMBA.
We have more in store in 2023, and we encourage you to join us! If you think 2023 may be your year to take the next step in your EMBA journey, RSVP for our upcoming events, complete a resume pre-assessment request, or reach out to us with questions at email@example.com. We are eager to see where the next year will take you!
Associate Director of Operations and Marketing
MBA for Executives