Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 74149BR
University Job Title: Assistant Director, Facilitator, IPD
Department Job Title: Senior Facilitator and Program Manager, Interpersonal and Group Dynamics
The Senior Facilitator & Program Manager will manage the varied components of the Interpersonal and Group Dynamics Program (IPD), with a particular focus on anchoring the experiential components of IPD and the Everyday Leadership (EDL) course, including managing and developing the cohorts of facilitators needed to support multiple sections of IPD and EDL. This position is responsible for supporting IPD faculty around course research and development, managing the facilitator community, and the delivery of the course events and Holding Space training events for course facilitators.
- Program management for all courses and training activities.
- Serve as an active facilitator across course offerings, e.g., IPD, EDL, Holding Space.
- Oversee the evaluation, recruitment, training, and development of current and future course facilitators.
- Play an active role in designing and delivering the Holding Space intensives, and facilitator supervision and training events.
- Support the planning and execution of intensive course experiences, e.g., IPD weekend retreat and multi-day facilitator trainings.
- Oversee and support the facilitator community via interaction including supervision, direction, and communications to student and facilitator communities.
- Assume an active role in upgrading course materials, including decks, in-class exercises, personal reflection prompts, and associated materials that support the experiential learning process.
- Engage in general research support around course topics and relevant data collection. Organize and participate in regular research and development meetings, working closely with faculty and research assistants on varied research projects.
- Support external facing representations of the IPD and EDL courses, including building a newsletter/blog and alumni list, as well as updating the course web pages.
- Consult with faculty leadership to ensure the educational product delivered fits the needs of the department.
- Other activities related to managing a portfolio of intensive, experiential courses.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment, and to lead with a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or equivalent.
- Excellent public presentation, communication, project management skills and detail oriented.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Advanced Degree, ten years of experience including extensive experience in the areas of program management, leadership development, organizational behavior, interpersonal and group dynamics, instructional design and/or coaching. More than 3 years of experience serving as a facilitator in the IPD course or equivalent. Experience managing programs and participants within the context of higher education.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.