Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 77079BR
University Job Title: Exec Ed Program Mgr, Curriculum & Client Dev
Department Job Title: Senior Director of Learning Partnerships
Executive Programs at Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) delivers top-quality nondegree education and training to executives from around the world. We support the Yale SOM mission and aspirations to educate leaders for business and society, to be distinctively global, and to be highly integrated with the rest of Yale University. We are looking for self-motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to help us expand our portfolio of clients and services.
The Senior Director of Learning Partnerships has responsibility for new business development for Yale SOM’s nondegree executive programs. This role will develop and sell learning solutions across the Executive Programs portfolio and will develop and manage a book of business differentiated by industry, geography, and/or program type. This position reports to the Managing Director of Learning Partnerships.
- For open enrollment programs, leverages digital marketing and sales techniques for developing target candidates, works sales pipeline, follows-up with prospects and secures participants for specific programs.
- For custom programs, drives new business development through a range of activities including prospect identification, prequalification, proposal development, and contracting.
- Consults with corporate executives to identify their firms’ strategic and leadership development challenges.
- Develops and sells executive education programs and learning solutions directly to individuals and companies. These programs should leverage Yale faculty expertise and market demand and fit with the Yale SOM Executive Education overall strategy.
- Cultivates client relationships through existing contacts, the Yale network, and targeted marketing strategies.
- Collaborates closely with Yale institutes, centers, and departments to leverage relationships and reputation. Seeks client relationships that create value for these stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Managing Director of Learning Partnerships, establishes annual revenue and other new business development-related goals.
- Deals professionally and in a proactive manner with prospective clients, and able to assess their educational needs, requirements, and expectations.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, develops marketing strategies for both OE and custom programs. Identifies trends to maximize effectiveness of marketing efforts; research targeted markets and evaluates marketing strategies to identify potential consumers.
- Responds to requests for proposal. Develops and writes proposals for new business opportunities.
- Responds to speculative requests from prospective custom clients and OE program participants in a professional and effective manner.
- Participates in the formal contracting process with clients; leads price negotiations.
- Supports the Assistant Dean and Managing Director of Learning Partnerships in the development of business plans.
- Serves as process and policy lead representing workstream on internal and external working groups and committees.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record of selling education and services, demonstrable credibility with senior executives, and strong business-to-business relationship capabilities.
- Established network of senior corporate leaders and/or HR experts.
- Superior consultative sales skills and ability to manage and grow long-term client relationships. Superior interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively and represent Yale University, Yale SOM, and Yale Executive Programs in a professional manner with participants, faculty, administrators, and corporate contacts domestically and globally in a wide variety of contexts and circumstances.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Proven ability to work within a team environment and on project teams.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and execute on operational strategic initiatives and to move a business unit, team, or organization in the direction specified in its strategic plan.
- Ability to manage budgets and P&L statements and to handle complex negotiations. Strong understanding, knowledge of, and ability to foresee, analyze, and understand international and domestic business trends and the concerns of executives.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations and work outside of normal business hours.
Advanced degree and 15 years’ experience. Experience in academic and/or corporate education environments; direct experience working with university faculty and administration; and familiarity with contemporary corporate education practices. Experience working in university-based Executive Education department strongly preferred. Teaching experience in corporate environment or business school. Fluency in second language. Experience using Salesforce. Experience with project-based learning. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.