Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 74949BR
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 4
Department Job Title: Senior Associate Director of Admissions Systems, MBA, EMBA, and MMP
As a core member of the professional admissions team, actively supports the recruitment, selection, and attraction of the strongest possible student body for Yale School of Management (Yale SOM). Leads the development and implementation of initiatives that facilitate improved business processes and integration with admissions and enrollment systems. Reports to the Director of Admissions, Operations, and Enrollment for the Full-Time MBA, with a secondary reporting relationship to the Director of Admissions for EMBA.
- Manage Technolutions Slate CRM system development, improvement, and maintenance, including but not limited to overseeing record reviews and updates through data imports and exports; assessing and updating all queries and rules; and updating all instances as necessary.
- Generate creative solutions and incorporate new technical processes to improve workflow, production, security, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Train Admissions staff across programs to use Slate effectively, helping staff to identify and implement best practices, new features, troubleshoot minor issues across the programs, and work with ITS to resolve major issues. Alert all users when system experiences difficulties or outages.
- As main liaison to Technolutions, organize and encourage staff to attend yearly and as-needed, on-demand and live Slate virtual trainings. Attend yearly in-person national Slate Summit.
- Provide expertise in data retrieval and reporting required to meet the needs of all program Admissions Offices by using query management tools and researching data entry requests.
- Manage annual Technolutions Cycle Prep processes and build each program’s yearly application for admission in cooperation with Admissions staff.
- Oversee integrations with other application systems such as the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (“CGSM”), QuestBridge, and those used by partner schools related to the MMS M2M application process.
- Update and run queries to export applicant data from Slate to Banner, ensuring integrity of all records, including merging duplicate records.
- Identify data needs and other data visualizations to analyze performance and processes and provide ongoing as well as annual data analysis and reporting.
- Help admissions colleagues to manage and innovate specialized communication campaigns, in partnership with Yale SOM Communications. This may include helping to build complex email campaigns, creating email templates and queries, developing, and managing portals, coordinating contractors, and updating and maintaining websites.
- Serve as lead Yale SOM representative to Yale’s Slate Center of Excellence.
- Provide direct support to Admissions staff related to admissions database systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Admissions, Communication and/or Deans.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- High-level analytical skills and excellent computer skills, including the ability to work with advanced MS Office, complex databases, and spreadsheets. Experience utilizing complex information held databases.
- Superior demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment and to lead with a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school.
- Experience leading processes across teams and leading business processes in optimization and automation initiatives.
- Ability to understand and solve multi-dimensional problems through system analysis and collaboration with others, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize work and anticipate scheduling needs to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Experience helping and training teams to utilize online workflow/team management tools (Jira, Trello). Experience in higher education administration with management responsibility or in a field consistent with career paths of management students. Record of successful development and implementation of new programs. Master’s degree, experience in MBA admissions, student affairs, or career development. Prior experience with Slate, along with any knowledge/ experience in SQL, CSS, HTML, and Tableau.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.