Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 70676BR
University Job Title: Business Analyst
Department Job Title: Senior Associate Director, Admissions
Develops and implements innovative admissions strategies and programs, especially as they relate to the recruiting, interviewing, and evaluation of MBA applicants. Recruits, evaluates, and participates in the selection of candidates for admission to Yale School of Management (Yale SOM). Responsible for managing data and analytics for reporting and for developing admissions strategy. Works collaboratively with other Yale SOM departments to ensure comprehensive and integrated delivery of the school’s mission. This position reports to the Managing Director for Admissions.
- Manage data gathering and analytics efforts for admissions recruiting activities, selection process, and yield efforts. Work closely and collaboratively with other constituents at Yale SOM, such as faculty and other administrative departments, to devise and implement these strategies.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues within the Admissions Office and across Yale SOM generally to incorporate data-driven decision-making into the school’s overall admissions efforts.
- Oversee admissions data gathering for external stakeholders such as media outlets and rankings agencies, as well as for internal surveys.
- Oversee management of the admissions waitlist, including tracking and communicating with waitlisted candidates, providing feedback to candidates, and proposing strategies for maximizing the positive impact of the waitlist in shaping the incoming class.
- Devise and implement innovative recruiting programs and strategies for the Admissions Office. Compile key admissions data, analyze trends and outcomes, and recommend new approaches and strategies. Identify new opportunities to increase interest among prospective students and enhance yield of admitted applicants.
- Review and evaluate applications to the MBA program and present candidates to the other members of the Admissions Committee. (All committee members are professional admissions staff.) Contribute informed opinions regarding applicants’ final decisions.
- Interview and provide guidance and counseling to prospective students. Represent Yale SOM by speaking at events and interacting with prospective applicants.
- May supervise the daily activities of full-time and casual C&T staff and coordinate work with other M&P staff as they relate to the specific substantive coverage area.
- Design and implement innovative projects based on the needs of the admissions office.
- May be assigned to serve on key committees and to other projects or initiatives.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and four years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to initiate programmatic and individual activities while functioning in a team setting. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including ability to work with advanced MS Office/Excel, complex databases, and spreadsheets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international.
MBA or other advanced degree. Four years of experience in higher education or a field consistent with career paths of management student. Proficiency with statistical methods and software. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.