Detailed Job Listing:
job family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 59701BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant for Faculty Support and Entrepreneurship
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Faculty Support and the Associate Director of Entrepreneurship Program, provide high-level administrative services for the Entrepreneurial Programs of Yale School of Management and assist faculty members in all areas including teaching and research, editing, event organization, and financial transactions.
- Oversee and coordinate administrative program and office activities for the Yale SOM Entrepreneurial Programs (EP) under the direction of the Director and the Associate Director of the EP. Establish and implement procedures and systems; serve as principal source of information on policies, procedures, and office activities.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for conferences, seminars, and programs held on and off campus. Responsible for specifics of site visits, itineraries, travel arrangements, publicity, catering, entertainment and accommodations. Prepare required forms and reimbursements.
- Organize and manage logistics for student entrepreneurs using the Entrepreneurial Studies Suite in Yale SOM Evans Hall.
- Maintain EP website. May work on faculty web sites as directed by faculty member. Manage social media presence. Write blog posts and contribute other media related to the Program on Entrepreneurship to the POE blog and related websites.
- Maintain complex calendar for staff and faculty associated with the Program on Entrepreneurship. Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments. Coordinate and synchronize electronic calendar for staff and faculty.
- Manage travel and speaking schedules for Program on Entrepreneurship faculty and staff, which involves arranging complex out of state and foreign travel. Coordinate the logistics of reimbursement from multiple sources.
- Format, prepare, edit and proofread a variety of material. Research and fact check cases and current events. Proofread and edit material for grammatical and factual accuracy, work with co-authors and editors to coordinate printing deadlines. Research and draft articles. Assemble attachments and review outgoing material for completeness.
- Scan course work and other documents. May provide assistance with classroom exercises and set-up. Download and upload course related information for the web for faculty coursework and research. Organize and prepare course packets (primarily electronic). Secure/purchase teaching material and obtain copyright permissions from publishers. Post course material to web-based course management system.
- Search for information on-line and in various libraries (ORBIS, Blue Book Citation, download articles). Submit research papers online.
- Gather, compile, organize and manipulate data to create reports or summaries. May design and set up spreadsheets and graphics. Create slides or make changes to enhance PowerPoint presentations with graphics.
- Use the University’s electronic systems for expense management, complex international travel booking and placing orders with vendors. Collect receipts for reimbursement of travel (domestic and international) and monitor reimbursement to Yale. Work closely with department’s business office in execution of all financial transactions. Prepare all documents in accordance to University policies and procedures.
- Assist faculty members with various activities which can include large mail merges for letters of recommendation, recruitment and other correspondence.
- Identify problems with workflow, equipment and environment and make suggestions for improving the workplace.
- Greet visitors; answer and screen telephone calls. Organize and maintain filing systems.
- Order supplies, equipment, stationery and business cards.
- Prepare/drop off outgoing mail and packages at mailroom and pick up, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Track and share tasks and responsibilities using Asana or other workflow tool.
- Perform additional duties incidental to office activities as necessary to maintain highest level of customer service.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's Degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Mac OSX and well developed knowledge of Windows and Microsoft products. Excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook Calendar, and PowerPoint. Ability to perform library and Internet research.
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and writing skills for drafting material for blogs and website. Writing sample required at interview. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct and professional manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills; polished, outward facing demeanor. Ability to work independently and create good relationships as a representative of the program. Ability to represent School professionally at events. Ability to work or flex time for occasional overtime and/or weekends. Ability to travel.
- Superb organizational skills. Ability to organize an extremely large amount of information and variety of subject material. Ability to function effectively as part of a team. Excellent attendance record. Ability to properly use independent judgment. Work with conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a demonstrated ability to concentrate and perform with constant and varied interruptions. Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and follow schedules; multi-task effectively with a strong attention to accuracy, details, and thoroughness. Take initiative and anticipate actions needed.
Bachelor’s Degree. Working knowledge of Yale policies and procedures governing travel; experience with large scale event planning. Experience with learning management system. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.