Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 78643BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Provide high-level administrative support for the Yale Center of Customer Insights (YCCI) and assist faculty members in all areas including teaching and research, editing, and support for financial transactions. Under the supervision of the Faculty Director and YCCI Executive Directors, serve as a member of the YCCI team at the Yale School of Management.
- Oversee and coordinate administrative programs and office activities for the YCCI. Establish and implement procedures and systems; serve as principal source of information on policies, procedures, and office activities.
- Maintain complex calendar for the Faculty Director of the YCCI. Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments. Coordinate and synchronize electronic calendar for faculty.
- Create slides and make changes to enhance PowerPoint presentations with graphics and videos. Gather, compile, organize, and manipulate data to create reports or summaries. May design and set up spreadsheets and graphics.
- Provide support for logistics for YCCI conferences, events, seminars, and programs held on and off campus. May help with site visits, itineraries, travel arrangements, publicity, catering, entertainment. Maintain electronic calendar. Prepare required forms and reimbursements.
- Work closely with Yale SOM HR, Business Operations and Yale’s International Tax Office for hiring student workers, temporary workers, and vendors.
- Coordinate billing relationships with YCCI partners using Yale’s internal system to prepare Purchase Orders. Process complex financial transactions including paying external suppliers and utilizing online network e-invoicing, various third-party platforms, submit invoices and ensure payment. Use the University’s electronic systems for expense management, travel booking, and placing orders with vendors. Collect receipts for reimbursement of travel (domestic and international) and monitor reimbursement to Yale. Prepare all documents in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Format, edit, and proofread a variety of material. Research and fact check cases and current events. Proofread and edit material for grammatical and factual accuracy, work with co-authors and editors to coordinate printing deadlines. Research and draft articles. Assemble attachments and review outgoing material for completeness.
- Organize and maintain course listings on learning management system. Scan course work and other documents. Assist with classroom exercises and set-up. Download and upload course related information for the web for faculty course work and research. Secure/purchase teaching material and obtain copyright permissions from publishers.
- Support assigned courses as session coordinator. Using Zoom (or other video conferencing communications) schedule class, create Zoom links for course meetings, virtually (or in-person) attend class and monitor or set up for session, support faculty with logistical issues, and communicate with students via Zoom chat (as needed and directed by faculty member), alert Media Services of any technical problems in the Zoom room, and moderate participation.
- Search for information online and in various libraries (ORBIS, Blue Book Citation, download articles). May be required to submit research papers online.
- Assist faculty members with various activities which can include large mail merges for letters of recommendation, recruitment and other correspondence, scheduling, and other matters, as requested.
- May work on faculty web sites as directed by faculty member or make edits to the YCCI webpage or blogpost as needed.
- Identify problems with workflow, equipment and environment and make suggestions for improving the workplace.
- Greet visitors, answer, and screen telephone calls. Organize and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Order supplies, equipment, stationery, and business cards.
- Prepare/drop off outgoing mail and packages at mailroom
- Perform additional duties incidental to office activities as necessary to maintain highest level of customer service.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience; four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced computer and technology skills including Zoom (or other video conferencing communications) and Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Superior Outlook Calendar skills, and PowerPoint or equivalent. Internet navigation skills.
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and writing skills for drafting material. Writing sample required at interview. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct, and professional manner. Ability to represent the school professionally at events.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a demonstrated ability to concentrate and perform with constant and varied interruptions. Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and follow schedules, multi-task effectively with a strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent attendance record. Ability to function effectively as part of a team. Ability to flex schedule to accommodate events.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish work for several faculty members and to regularly solve problems, take initiative, and anticipate actions needed. Ability to properly use independent judgment.
Bachelor’s degree. Working knowledge of Yale policies, experience with event support. Experience with learning management system, electronic messaging platform, InDesign, or Adobe Creative Suite. Web maintenance skills.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.