Detailed Job Listing:
job family: clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 58714BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant for Executive Programs
Reporting to the Finance Director for Executive Programs, provide support as an integral member of the executive education program staff. Perform high-level administrative services and support to accomplish the mission and objectives for all executive education programs, including the planning, implementation, reconciliation, and evaluation of all programs.
- Coordinate and manage a wide variety of activities in support of Executive Education staff and high-level programs. Work with internal resources and outside vendors. Organize and schedule meetings for senior staff. In cooperation with the Business Office, reconcile purchasing card expenses, invoices, and budgets at the conclusion of each program.
- In conjunction with the team, access and manipulate executive education course grids and corresponding reports on faculty usage, faculty payment, and general program history. Proactively gather, compile, organize and manipulate data to create reports or summaries. May design and set up spreadsheets and graphics. Create slides or make changes to enhance PowerPoint presentations with graphics.
- Review and edit executive education program student portal websites and update accordingly, as directed by Program Managers. Order and track permissions for cases and articles as assigned by faculty.
- Anticipate program needs and requirements by tracking inventory, teaching materials, program materials, and faculty payments. Forecast, order, and organize inventory for program delivery. Order materials for department including kitchen and office supplies, equipment, stationary, and business cards.
- Provide a high level of customer service to visiting clients and program participants during program planning, implementation, and final reconciliation of programs. Assist with logistics for programs held on and off campus, including creating itineraries, packing, tracking, and shipping of program materials to program venue.
- Perform additional duties incidental to office and program activities as necessary to maintain highest level of customer service.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency and demonstrated ability with Windows and Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint or equivalent. Web maintenance skills. Internet and library navigation skills.
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and writing skills for drafting material. Ability to function effectively as part of a team. Writing sample required at interview.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct and professional manner with people at all levels to assure high levels of customer satisfaction. Ability to represent the school professionally at events which may occur outside normal work schedule and on weekends.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a demonstrated ability to concentrate and perform with constant and varied interruptions. Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and follow schedules; multi-task effectively with a strong attention to accuracy, detail, thoroughness, and follow-through with conflicting demands and deadlines, in an organized manner.
- Excellent attendance record. Ability to accomplish work for several team members and to regularly solve problems, take initiative and anticipate actions needed. Ability to properly use independent judgment. Ability to function effectively as part of a team. Some travel may be required.
Workday, InDesign. Bachelor’s degree. Working knowledge of Yale policies and procedures; event planning experience for corporate clients. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.