Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 54974BR
University Job Title: Intern, SOM
Department Job Title: Research Associate, Data Programmer/Pre-Doc Intern
Reporting to Yale School of Management faculty members, the Intern is responsible for supporting research in Organizational Behavior by managing projects in these fields.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Reviews relevant literature, performs data collection, cleans, and applies statistical skills to the design of research studies.
- Assists in cleaning and preparing a data set on nursing homes for a collaborative project.
- Help build and analyze data on benzodiazepine and opioid prescribing.
- Codes and conducts p-hacking analyses on large body of papers and citation networks.
- Provides general support for data preparation and cleaning for faculty members.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics, Political Science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in STATA and/or R. Competency or willingness to learn Python a plus.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and have advanced reasoning and analytical skills.
- Experience with data collection and cleaning.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated understanding of research design and statistical skills. Global orientation, experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.