Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 71742BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Recruiting Coordinator
Provide high level administrative support for the Yale School of Management’s Office of Career Development (CDO) office. Coordinate Yale SOM employer recruiting logistics for in person and virtual events and interviews. Serve as an information resource for all Yale SOM employers, students, and alumni.
- Serve as liaison among CDO staff in communicating specific student, alumni, and/or employer requests that require a decision from CDO managers or directors.
- Work closely with the CDO team to manage and update the Recruiting platform software (the CDO Recruiting Systems).
- Manage logistics and communications for Career Development Office events, including on-campus interviews, corporate presentations, and job treks, etc. Provide high level service and support to recruiters during on-campus visits, including room reservations, facility needs, catering, AV equipment, and laptop provisions.
- Meet and greet employers upon arrival to the CDO, and oversee student hosts during employer visits. Create marketing materials related to recruiting events as well as welcome packets for each on-campus interviewer (including interview schedules, résumés, and evaluation forms). Ensure set-up of the CDO interviewing suite each morning during recruiting season. Collect business cards from each interviewer and scan contact data for CDO records.
- Verify and post student and alumni job opportunities submitted to the CDO Recruiting System.
- Under the direction of a CDO team member, communicate and collaborate with employers regarding job descriptions, ensuring they are appropriate, and offer additional guidance to employers with regard to recruiting options at Yale SOM.
- Compile and disseminate Yale SOM resume referrals and contact students accordingly as necessary.
- Provide back-up for other C&T staff, and oversee the distribution of work for temporary staff, as needed.
- Use the University's electronic systems for expense management, travel booking, and placing orders with vendors.
- Support CDO team members during evening or weekend recruiting events and travel to Yale SOM recruiting / alumni events, conferences, and other outreach visits, as needed.
- Serve as an active participant and contributor during CDO operations meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Exhibit superior interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor. Excellent customer service orientation.
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, advanced Excel, Access, and advanced PowerPoint, email.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal communication ability. Must be able to develop credibility quickly with employers and SOM community.
- A team player that works well with other members of the staff. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Occasional travel to support events and ability to flex schedule or work overtime, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience in MBA career service. Experience with web based systems for virtual recruiting events. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.