Women face unique challenges in the workplace but they also add unique value and perspective. They shatter groupthink, improve communications dynamics, and reinvigorate companies in ways that make them more competitive. Research shows companies with a critical mass of top-team gender diversity enjoy significantly better financial performance.
Yale experts will lead a wide range of interactive and experiential sessions proven to enhance women’s leadership behaviors. Participants build awareness of decision-making biases, develop skills to create high-performing teams, negotiate win-win outcomes, manage crises, and create an authentic leadership style.
Participants leave connected to a Yale network of women who share a passion for leadership and the Women’s Leadership Program Certificate delivered by Yale Center Beijing.
Who should attend?
Women executives across business, government, and non-profit preparing for the next level, or who are new to senior management. Women family business professionals preparing for responsibility as CEO or senior management.
[VIDEO] Hear from past participants on their experience at the Yale Women’s Leadership Program.
Day One: Leadership Perspectives
- Leveraging Teams: Hurricane Survival
- Positive Leadership: Bringing Out the Best In Yourself & Your Team
- Emotional Intelligence: Building High Quality Connections
Day Two: Influence & Negotiation for Women Leaders
- Executive Presence
- Fostering Innovation & Creativity
- Power and Influence: John Clendenin at Xerox
- Employee Engagement and Motivation
Day Three: Leadership Decision-Making and Strategies
- Leading Organizational Change: Amir Dan Rubin
- Aligning Business Strategy and People Strategy: Portman Hotel
- Decision-Making for Leaders
Post-program: Suggested for further development:
- Register in a Women On Board database
- Join the Yale Center Beijing Women's Leadership Program network
What to Expect
- Lead enterprise-wide gender diversity: Better understand and explain the quantitative and qualitative benefits of diversity to gain support for change.
- Sharpen decision-making skills: Lead growth, manage crises, drive growth through innovation, and make better decisions.
- Elevate your leadership skills: Gain different styles to adapt to an individual’s, team’s, or company’s situation.
- Get certified: Every participant in good standing will receive a frame-ready Yale Center Beijing certificate to show the world your training.
- Connection to Yale: Build your network with leaders across China and the world as you join the Yale family.