Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 54152BR
University Job Title: Coordinator 4
Department Job Title: Program Manager for Executive Education Programs
The Program Manager, reporting to the Assistant Director of Program Operations and working in conjunction with the Senior Director of Client Services and Program Operations, is responsible for managing all assigned executive education programs and planning events. Programs may be delivered in-person and/or online. Manages the curricular and operational aspects of assigned programs/clients and ensures quality control for all domestic and international programs.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Program Operations, in conjunction with the Senior Director for Client Services and Program Operations, Directors of Client and Curriculum Development, and the Business Office, to draft and monitor contracts, program budgets, and expenses with suppliers, for assigned clients.
- Serve as the operational point person for executive education clients, with responsibility for managing all activities necessary to plan and deliver programs of the highest quality both domestically and internationally. Coordinate the necessary advance and contingency planning for programs to ensure smooth and successful execution of client learning initiatives. Be able to trouble shoot on-site and independently resolve operational issues.
- Develop innovations and make recommendations to the Assistant Director of Program Operations and the Senior Director of Client Services and Program Operations on best practices and quality control for the department. Continually make executive education program enhancements to improve customer satisfaction, program effectiveness, and operational efficiency. Ensure prompt and systematic servicing of all clients. Analyze program’s success in meeting service goals.
- Coordinate the work of all contributors and ensure operational excellence of the programs. Work closely with faculty and their support team to direct the timely compilation, production, and distribution of course materials. Ensure consistency and excellence in program material templates and presentations.
- Develop strong working relationships with the university, vendors, international stakeholders, Yale Center Beijing, faculty, and serve as executive education liaison for the Yale School of Management (SOM) and University. Initiate inventory selection and orders. Develop and maintain positive rapport with client program management staff.
- Coordinate strategic travel logistics, room and meal selection and planning, and local transportation for assigned clients and projects that are consistent with executive education’s delivery of the Yale Way while managing program costs.
- Collaborate and contribute to the training/coaching of new program managers, support staff, and interns. Pivot into other program manager roles as needed.
- In concert with the Assistant Director for Program Operations and other administrative departments, improve and systematize documented operating processes and administrative protocols, and work to ensure compliance with school and university policies. Serve as expert school-wide resource/consultant for program and event planning.
- Ensure all assigned program and participant records are accurate and up to date.
- As needed, compile benchmarking data on pricing, services, and programs in the market, analyze that information to improve the department’s delivery of services.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft products. Ability to learn quickly, especially the ability to learn and use technology tools in the classroom. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve minor IT problems as they occur.
- Superior interpersonal skills with professional demeanor and welcoming manner to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, administrators, and corporate contacts. Ability to represent the school professionally at events. Polished, professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct, and professional manner. Writing sample required at interview.
- Requires excellent independent judgment, sensitivity, and knowledge of appropriate protocol. Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to work nights and weekends. Travel, including possible international.
InDesign, managing major corporate client relationships and/or events, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and facilitating the delivery of world-class service. Knowledge of database management systems and tools. Experience and knowledge of other cultures, especially Chinese and Spanish, and business customs. Fluent in Mandarin. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or fields related to corporate education programs. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.