Detailed Job Listing:
job family: clerical and technical
STARS Requisition: 64487BR
University Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Program Coordinator, MBA for Executives
Provide a high level of administrative support required to accomplish the mission, objectives, and execution of the MBA for Executives Program (EMBA). Serve as a primary point of contact for students. Participate in the coordination of all day-to-day activities and operations related to admissions, student services, and academic affairs to ensure the seamless delivery of program components and special events. Must be able to flex 37.5 hour per week schedule to include working Saturdays during class weekends, occasional Thursday and Friday evenings and two weeks in July during Orientation and Residency. Note that this position may start remotely, from a university approved location, until the university resumes regular on-campus operations, or sooner as determined by the business needs of the department. This position is also required to be on campus, on periodic weekends and for special events.
- Serve as liaison between program directors, staff, and students to maintain effective and ongoing communication regarding program activities and special events; as appropriate, troubleshoot to resolve problems/issues as they arise.
- Coordinate and oversee the logistical and high-level support needs of a complex program with a wide range of duties related to managing the daily operations and class weekends of the EMBA program. Some responsibilities include arranging technology and media support needs, room reservations and setup, catering and event planning and expense processing. Balance competing priorities to meet all program requirements in a timely manner and deliver quality results.
- Serve as on-site coordinator and key point-of-contact for students, faculty, and staff. With independent judgment, resourcefulness, and grace under pressure, quickly identify problems and resolve situations without impacting student experience.
- Ensure faculty course materials and syllabi are posted to learning management system; order and distribute e-textbooks and other course materials; maintain and communicate course evaluation process and rules to faculty staff, and students; confirm and document dates, compose standard communications, and monitor evaluation submissions.
- Work closely with Assistant Director(s) and Assistant Dean in the planning and execution of orientation, residency weeks, and commencement.
- Oversee and coordinate program events and extra-curricular activities, including researching and securing venues, catering, travel and accommodations for speakers, AV needs, track attendee participation, and other onsite logistics.
- Serve as liaison with all levels of administration, staff and outside vendors for admissions and program office events, student accommodations, airport travel, and other needs.
- Compose, proofread, and edit correspondence and other written materials and ensure completeness of outgoing communications.
- Utilize Excel, Event Management System, Canvas, Salesforce, Slate, and other business platforms at Yale. Create, review, maintain, and track all event registration forms using CampusGroups and Qualtrics.
- Coordinate, update and maintain events schedule on Canvas and shared program calendar.
- Coordinate Extended Classroom logistics, communications, and planning for faculty and students.
- Monitor and track expenses related to events and course support, adhering to budgetary guidelines and flags discrepancies; generate reimbursements, check requests, purchase requisitions and invoice payment approvals. As needed, coordinate Requests for Proposals (RFP) from vendors to secure supplies and services.
- Recruit, screen and schedule student and casual workers, as necessary. Train regular, student or casual workers on their duties.
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours as required.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including expert knowledge of Windows and Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Proficiency with web-based applications and digital media applications (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook). Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work Saturdays of class weekends, occasional Thursday and Friday evenings, and two weeks in July during Orientation and Residency.
- Excellent proven customer service and interactive skills, including the ability to relate effectively with a wide range of individuals. Ability to represent the program directors, Yale School of Management, and the university in a professional manner.
- Excellent proven oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to impart and disseminate information clearly and concisely. Writing sample required at interview.
- Ability to proactively respond in a consistent and timely manner, setting and maintaining a standard of professionalism and accuracy in dealings with all customer groups.
Bachelor’s Degree. Familiarity with Canvas, Slate database, Qualtrics, Salesforce and CampusGroup. Experience with customer management systems and Yale’s electronic systems (Banner, Brio and EMS). Working knowledge of Yale policies and procedures; experience with event support. Experience with electronic learning management system. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.