Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 71871BR
University Job Title: Program Coordinator
Department Job Title: Program Coordinator, Executive Education
The Program Coordinator, referred to as the Learning Delivery Specialist within the Yale School of Management, coordinates logistics for a range of domestic and international programs. Programs may be delivered in-person and/or online. Working collaboratively with the Learning Experience and Learning Operations teams and various administrative departments at SOM, the Learning Delivery Specialist will support programs as assigned, taking on responsibility for all activities necessary with the planning and delivery of programs of the highest quality. The Learning Delivery Specialist reports to the Assistant Director for Learning Delivery.
- Coordinate all details to ensure operational excellence of the programs. Work closely with the Learning Experience and Learning Operations teams to coordinate the necessary advance and contingency planning to ensure the smooth and successful execution of client learning initiatives.
- Coordinate travel logistics, room and meal planning, and local transportation for assigned clients and projects. Serve as a liaison on event related matters.
- Develop strong working relationships with the university, vendors, international stakeholders, faculty, and clients. Able to clearly communicate and adapt to faculty requests.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with all Executive Education colleagues.
- Work closely with Learning Design colleagues to support the timely compilation, production, and distribution of course materials.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of innovations and program enhancements that will improve customer satisfaction, program effectiveness, and operational efficiency.
- Serve as onsite troubleshooter for client programs and individual program participants.
- Draft, edit, proofread, and disseminate external and internal stakeholder communications related to program delivery as needed. In collaboration with colleagues in the Learning Experience and Learning Operations teams, monitor contracts, participant feedback, program budgets, and expenses with suppliers.
- As directed by the Assistant Director of Learning Delivery, improve and systematize documented operating processes and administrative protocols of the department and work to ensure compliance with school and university policies.
- As needed and directed, research benchmarking data on pricing and, services in the market, to improve the department’s delivery of services.
- Maintain and manage various education platforms.
- Logistically plan and execute Live Online programs using Zoom. This includes technical troubleshooting, coordination with Faculty and Executives.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with both Windows and MacOS operating systems as well as Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn quickly, especially the ability to learn and use technology tools in the classroom. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve minor AV/IT problems as they occur.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, administrators, and corporate contacts. A team player who works well with other members of the staff.
- Possesses a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school. Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Ability to flex schedule to work nights and weekends as required for programs. Travel, including international travel, may also be required.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Able to clearly communicate and adapt to faculty requests, with the goal of delivering a successful program.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience managing major corporate client relationships and/or events and facilitating the delivery of world-class service. Proficiency in Adobe applications, especially InDesign. Global orientation, experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.