Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 77638BR
University Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department Job Title: Program Assistant, MBA for Executives
The Program Assistant provides administrative and course support to the MBA for Executives Program (EMBA). Supports faculty members’ course delivery in the learning management system. In addition, assists in executing EMBA admissions events and supporting related fellowships. Under the supervision of the Director of Academic and Student Affairs, EMBA, serve as a member of the EMBA support team. Occasional weekend support may be required.
- Support delivery of course materials:
- Format, prepare, edit, and proofread a variety of material. Assemble attachments and review course material for completeness.
- Scan course work and other documents. Download and upload course related information for the web for EMBA courses.
- Secure/purchase teaching materials and obtain copyright permissions from publishers. Search for information on-line and in various libraries (ORBIS, download articles) as needed. Post course material to learning management system.
- Manage and oversee set-up of EMBA courses including:
- Technological arrangements such as Zoom links, class recordings, and other associated settings.
- Assist Program Coordinator in ordering/distributing textbook materials, course evaluation logistics, and monitoring online class attendance.
- As needed, support classes by serving as Session Coordinator.
- Set up course assignments, exams, and utilize other tools in the learning management system as requested by faculty.
- Oversight of arrangements for teaching assistants for all EMBA courses, their training, and payroll processing.
- Ensure course recordings are accessible to students.
- As requested by faculty, submit course grades on their behalf.
- Search for information on-line and in various libraries (ORBIS, download articles).
- Use the University’s electronic systems for expense management, vendor set-up, travel booking and placing product and service orders with vendors. Collect receipts for reimbursement of travel (domestic and international) and monitor reimbursements to Yale. Work closely with department’s business office in execution of all financial transactions. Prepare all documents in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Coordinate logistics for guest lecturers:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, talks and visitors (both on and off campus), including specifics of site visits, itineraries, travel arrangements, catering, and accommodations.
- Obtain presentation materials in advance for use in class and/or distribution.
- As needed, greet guest speakers and escort them to courses.
- Support arrangements for EMBA Admissions events, such as:
- Booking rooms, media services, facilities, catering, outside vendors.
- Prepare materials and packets for distribution.
- Assist admissions staff with preparation and day of event needs.
- Support Directors in execution of administrative tasks related to the fellowships, such as meeting logistics, materials, travel, etc.
- Utilize Canvas, Excel, Salesforce, Slate, CampusGroups, Qualtrics, SharePoint and other business platforms at Yale.
- Seve as a source of information to faculty, students and staff on classroom technology, policies, procedures, and office activities.
- Serve as member of the EMBA team, provide training, and back up support for other EMBA support staff.
- Perform additional duties incidental to office activities as necessary to maintain highest level of customer service.
Required Education & Experience:
Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency of Windows and Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook (Calendar) and PowerPoint or equivalent. Internet navigation skills.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct, and professional manner. Ability to represent the school professionally at events.
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and follow schedules, multi-task effectively with strong attention to accuracy, detail, thoroughness and follow-through with conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record. Ability to function effectively as part of a team to provide support to faculty and Yale SOM Departments. Ability to flex schedule or work occasional overtime.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish work for several faculty members and to regularly solve problems, take initiative, and anticipate actions needed. Ability to properly use independent judgment.
Bachelor’s Degree. Working experience of Yale policies and procedures; experience with event planning. Experience with learning management system, Salesforce, Slate, CampusGroups, Qualtrics, and SharePoint. Ability to provide classroom AV support. Administrative support experience.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.