Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 73233BR
University Job Title: Intern, SOM Research
Department Job Title: Pre-doctoral Research Associate
Grade: Associate (00)
Reporting to the ICF Faculty Associate Director at the Yale School of Management, the Pre-doctoral Research Associate is responsible for supporting research by managing projects in these fields.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Research Associates (RA) work closely with the Faculty Associate Director, assisting in research projects at various stages from conception through publication. The work may include but is not limited to: quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, and coordination and management of information and data.
- Codes and conducts p-hacking analyses on papers for a research project.
- Provides general support for data preparation and cleaning for faculty members.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or computer science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and have advanced reasoning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with data collection and cleaning.
- Demonstrated understanding of research design and statistical skills.
Research experience in STATA, SAS, Python, R, or Matlab are strongly preferred. Demonstrated understanding of research design and statistical skills. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.