Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 56813BR
University Job Title: Intern, SOM Research
Department Job Title: Pre-doctoral Research Associate
Reporting to the ICF Faculty Associate Director at the Yale School of Management, the Research Associate is responsible for supporting research by managing projects in these fields.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Research Associates (RA) will work closely with the Faculty Associate Director, assisting him in his research projects in various stages from conception through publication. The work may include, but is not limited to: quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, and coordination and management of information and data.
- Codes and conducts p-hacking analyses on papers for a research project.
- Provides general support for data preparation and cleaning for faculty members.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or computer science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and have advanced reasoning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with data collection and cleaning.
- Demonstrated understanding of research design and statistical skills.
Research experience in STATA, SAS, Python, R, or Matlab are strongly preferred. Demonstrated understanding of research design and statistical skills. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.