Six new faculty members in accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and organizational behavior will join the Yale School of Management on July 1.
Seth D. Zimmerman, associate professor of economics, was most recently an assistant professor at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. His research interests include labor economics and public finance, with a focus on the economics of education.
Additional new faculty include:
- Alexander Burnap, assistant professor of marketing (PhD at University of Michigan)
- Christopher Clayton, assistant professor of finance (PhD at Harvard University)
- Oriane A.M. Georgeac, assistant professor of organizational behavior (PhD at London Business School)
- Cameron S. LaPoint, assistant professor of finance (PhD at Columbia University)
- Edward Watts, assistant professor of accounting (PhD at Stanford University)
In addition to the new hires, Yale SOM has promoted the following faculty members:
- Balázs Kovács has been promoted to associate professor of organizational behavior.
- Michael Kraus has been promoted to associate professor of organizational behavior.
- Vineet Kumar has been promoted to associate professor of marketing.
- Aniko Öry has been promoted to associate professor of marketing.
- Jidong Zhou has been promoted to associate professor economics.
- Teresa Chahine has been promoted to senior lecturer in social entrepreneurship.