Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 79895BR
University Job Title: Intern, SOM
Department Job Title: Micro Research Associate/Pre-Doc Intern
Duration: One year from date of hire with extension to two years possible
Supports research in Micro Organizational Behavior (OB). Works under the supervision of Associate Director of Initiative on Leadership & Organization (ILO) and Yale School of Management OB Micro faculty on research related to leadership, group processes, social norms, dis/advantage, merit, fairness, status, power, culture, and gender and racial inequity.
- Performs a variety of duties involving the design of research studies and collection of data.
- Develops and manages a participant database comprised largely of community members.
- Assists with participant recruitment, scheduling, and oversight.
- Submits and maintains IRB protocols.
- Oversees budgeting and ordering of lab equipment.
- Designs, runs, and analyzes online and laboratory-based experiments.
- Contributes to data analysis, data-checking, and the preparation of summary reports, figures, and tables. Interprets research findings and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- Contributes to manuscript writing and preparation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics, Political Science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experimental software (e.g., Qualtrics), statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA, or SAS).
- Candidates must be good communicators with all levels of project staff, from research assistants to faculty and respond to day-to-day email communication promptly and efficiently.
- Candidates must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with an ability to work on and manage multiple research projects.
- Central interest in the study of organizational behavior, social psychology, or a related discipline, and should have an interest in the research conducted by one or more of the supervising faculty.
- At least one-year of research experience working in an organizational behavior, social psychology, or a related field of behavioral science research setting (e.g., involvement in research labs as a research assistant).
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion, equity, and excellence.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or a related field. Skills in photo editing (e.g., Photoshop), data visualization, and data scraping. Experience overseeing an experimental research study.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.