Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 55021BR
University Job Title: Intern, SOM
Department Job Title: Micro Research Associate/Pre-Doc Intern
Supports research in Micro Organizational Behavior. Will manage projects related to leadership, group processes, status and power, stereotyping and prejudice. Responsible for reviewing the relevant literature, collecting, cleaning and performing data analysis. Responsible for participating in writing of reports and material; conduct literature research supporting publication efforts.
- Performs a variety of duties involving the design of research studies and collection of data.
- Develops and manages a participant database comprised largely of community members.
- Assists with participant recruitment, scheduling, and oversight.
- Submits and maintains IRB protocols.
- Oversees budgeting and ordering of lab equipment.
- Designs, runs, and analyzes online and laboratory-based experiments.
- Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the findings and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics, Political Science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office, experimental software (e.g., Inquisit), statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, or SAS). Strong computer skills (e.g., knowledge of R, SPSS, Qualtrics, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop) or an ability to learn these skills quickly.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills. Ability to work on and manage multiple research projects.
- Central interest in the study of organizational behavior, social psychology, or a related discipline, and in particular, should have interest in the research conducted by one or more of the supervising faculty.
- Relevant research experience in social psychology, organizational behavior, or a related field of behavioral science (through coursework or involvement in research labs).
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or a related field. Skills in data visualization and data scraping. Experience in a psychophysiological or dyadic interactions lab (e.g., working with physiological equipment and autonomic nervous system data, and/or coding verbal and nonverbal data).
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.