Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 75974BR
University Job Title: Manager 1, Behavioral Lab
Department Job Title: Manager, Behavioral Lab
Facilitates faculty and PhD research process, including but not limited to, on-site studies, online surveys, and data projects. Autonomously manages staff, policies, practices, and procedures for the Behavioral Research Lab in the Yale School of Management.
- Ensures infrastructure to conduct research studies by evaluating the logistical, physical, technological, and staff resources required. Conducts all research in accordance with the study protocol, applicable policies and regulation while ensuring participant subject rights.
- Creates and maintains recruitment strategy for research participant pool.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates research assistant staff and lab programmers. Manages support for the lab to ensure timely completion of projects. Develops and administers training sessions for the department when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Manages and monitors technology needs, research material resources, and system requirements for the Behavioral Lab. Serves as a resource and provides technical assistance to investigators and their staff. Maintains and troubleshoots IT systems, both in the lab and online, and purchases computer and other equipment as needed.
- Manages the use of the lab including office space, workstations, equipment, and office supplies. Facilitates offsite study running capabilities as needed to meet research needs.
- Generates budgetary reports on faculty and PhD research productivity and spending.
- Serves as a liaison to Institutional Review Board (IRB), Human Subject Committee (HSC), and other University administrative offices.
- Acts as lab ambassador and administers communication to local institutions for partnerships, education, and community involvement.
- Provides on-call support for problem solving and operations outside of regular business hours.
- Ensures compliance with university and federal health and safety regulations as they apply to the unit.
- Contributes to long-range planning.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, and administrators; ability to work with diverse populations. Excellent oral and written communication skills; very effective listening and feedback abilities.
- Excellent investigation, organizational, and supervisory skills, with proven ability to successfully facilitate work across interdisciplinary teams to accomplish organizational goals.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Commitment to an inclusive workplace.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.