Alexander Zentefis has research interests in macro-finance, financial intermediation, asset pricing, and industrial organization. His recent research shows how low equity in the banking sector disrupts the transmission of monetary policy to the real economy. He earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Washington University in St. Louis and a PhD from the University of Chicago.
- PhD, The University of Chicago
- MS, Washington University in St. Louis
- BS , Washington University in St. Louis
- AQR Top Finance Graduate Award, 2017
- John Leusner Fellowship, 2017
- WFA-CFAR Best Finance PhD Paper Award, 2016
- Fischer Black Fellowship, 2016