Ensure your investment strategies are driven by environmental, social, and governance factors.
With increasing pressure from regulators, investors, and consumers, sustainable finance has moved from a niche concept to a globally recognized strategic priority.1 This form of financial services, which addresses environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors in investment decisions, is key to addressing some of our global challenges and helping professionals and organizations achieve long-term profitability and success.
The Sustainable Finance and Investment online program explores this rising industry and gives you the skills to navigate the terminology, activity, drivers, and participants of the ESG ecosystem. Developed by the Yale School of Management Executive Education and guided by the school’s mission to educate leaders for business and society, this online program prepares you to harness ESG data to drive financial performance and investment strategies. You’ll explore the challenges of ESG factors within the context of investment decision-making, as well as its effect on asset pricing and portfolio management models. Using data, you’ll learn to assess the impact of an investment, and examine the role of ESG in debt, novel fixed-income products, and private equity investments.
How does this program differ from the Corporate Sustainability Management: Risk, Profit, and Purpose online program?
The Sustainable Finance and Investment online program focuses primarily on equipping you to make more informed analyses and decisions when investing in sustainable assets and products. The Corporate Sustainability Management: Risk, Profit, and Purpose online program, on the other hand, is designed to help you embed sustainability and sustainable practices into the core of your business strategies.
1EY (Jan, 2021)
About the Program
What to Expect
- Explore practical tools and models to make financial decisions that consider the environment, society, and institutions
- Gain a roadmap to navigate the ESG ecosystem, data, and metrics
- Understand how ESG factors can be used to derive investment strategies
- Learn how to integrate ESG factors into asset-pricing models and portfolio management, as well as fixed-income and non-public investment products
- Engage with empirical research, real-life data, and interactive experiential learning, as well as a global cohort of business professionals
Who Should Attend
- Business leaders and executives from the financial sector who are aiming to make sustainable investment decisions
- Executives and senior management professionals who need to budget for sustainable investments and report on returns
- Consultants and risk management professionals who need a broad understanding of the ESG landscape
- Public policy and regulation makers
- Orientation module
- Module 1: Sustainable investing strategies
- Module 2: Key organizations and tools in sustainable finance
- Module 3: ESG data, metrics, and analytics
- Module 4: Asset pricing and portfolio management
- Module 5: Impact metrics and investing
- Module 6: Diversity of ESG investment products
Lecturer in Sustainability
Read the full bio
Todd is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at the Yale School of Management with a courtesy appointment at the Yale School of the Environment. He serves as Faculty Co-Director for the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) and the Yale Initiative on Sustainable Finance (YISF) as well as Faculty Director of the Executive MBA Program in Sustainability. He serves on a variety of advisory boards including the JUST Capital Scientific Advisory Board, PRIME Coalition Academic Advisory Committee, and Merck Sustainability Advisory Committee. His research and teaching focus on ESG metrics and data and how that information is integrated into corporate and investment strategies.
Registration closes: July 26, 2022
Program starts with orientation: August 03, 2022
There are no prerequisites for this program. Register to get started. Our online program partner, GetSmarter, will welcome you and guide you through the steps to secure your place in the program.
This program is presented entirely online in collaboration with leader in digital education, GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand. Technology meets academic rigor in GetSmarter’s people-mediated model, which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions. This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online programs.
View the Sustainable Finance and Investment online program on the GetSmarter website.
Modules are released on a weekly basis and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.