The Association of Hispanic and Latin American Students (AHLAS) is proud to announce the first ever Hispanic and Latin-American conference at Yale School of Management. The theme of the conference is: Leading Through Uncertainty - What the U.S. can learn from Latin America.
Home to the second largest Spanish-speaking population, the United States shares many important linkages with Latin America. Today, both regions face a paradox: tremendous growth opportunities in the face of increasing uncertainty. US and Latin American business leaders seeking to drive growth must understand how Hispanic-Americans and the LatAm region are overcoming challenges of education, political instability, rising crime rates, and externalities from immigration.
In this inaugural conference, attendees will engage with experts and practitioners in fields raging from government to finance. The aim of the conference is to shed light on the conditions that are currently affecting both regions and highlight the opportunities and strategies that exist to navigate through challenges while still delivering value to various stakeholders. Conference themes include:
Issues and Opportunities Facing Hispanic-Americans:
- Immigration: How the Evolving Immigration Landscape Impacts Hispanic-Americans
- Education: Bridging the Achievement Gap to Drive Economic Prosperity
Issues and Opportunities in Latin America:
- Governance: Latin America as a Model for Achieving Economic Growth under Uncertainty
- Investment and Venture Capital: Factors that Drive Investment Decisions in LatAm
- Entrepreneurship: The Rapidly Growing Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Across LatAm