Detailed Job Listing:
job family: managerial and professional
STARS Requisition: 56920BR/57815BR/57940BR
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 4, Partnerships
Department Job Title: Associate Director, Employer Partnerships Manager
The Yale SOM Career Development Office (CDO) supports the career management needs of more than 800 full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and Master’s in Advanced Management Students and 5000+ alumni. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Employer Partnerships, the Employer Partnership Manager (EPM) establishes, cultivates, and leverages employer partnerships for the CDO. Responsibilities include defining employer partnership strategy for assigned industries/regions, managing SOM partnerships, coordinating campus engagement including but not limited to on campus recruiting and job postings, partnering with relevant clubs and facilitating deeper connections between them and employers. This position is also responsible for creating and updating industry/region-specific media content to educate the CDO and SOM student body about industry directions and hiring trends.
- Develop and manage strategies to best serve assigned industries/regions, creatively engaging alumni and industry contacts, leveraging industry speakers on campus, creating recruiting events, and optimizing summer employer meetings.
- Maintain and strengthen existing employer partnerships through ongoing engagement with recruiters, hiring managers, alumni, and student clubs.
- Collaborate with alumni and clubs to identify new companies and organizations to generate job opportunities for Yale SOM students, both domestically and internationally.
- Create industry events and oversee trek process/development for assigned industries/regions/ clubs.
- Maintain current notes on all employers in centralized team database.
- Develop industry content for broader CDO team as well as student populations (e.g., company and industry guides including current updates as well as hiring trends, structure, and logistics, and key contacts for various populations).
- Represent Yale SOM and the University to employers.
- Other duties as assigned or in response to changes in hiring and career trends, and changes within the University.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superb managerial skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage people and projects involving a high degree of detail and requiring strong organizational skills. Positive, can-do attitude with a desire to lead innovation.
- Strong knowledge of MBA career paths and job opportunities. Ability to make independent, responsible decisions that create positive outcomes for SOM students, alumni, and employers.
- Ability to understand industry and sector trends. Familiarity with hiring trends, work settings, and a variety of industries and career options. Ability to develop and maintain contacts at different levels, from recruiters to senior executives, to increase and strengthen relationships between companies and Yale SOM. Ability to provide strategic guidance to employers.
- Outstanding public speaking, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint. Expertise with database systems.
- Occasional domestic and international travel is required. May require some evening or weekend hours for student and employer events.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in MBA recruiting, talent management, relationship/account management and/or corporate relationship experience in the private sector and/or higher education. Master’s Degree in related field - MBA degree preferred; experience working in higher education career services and significant professional experience in one or more of industries assigned to cover. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.