Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 78462BR
University Job Title: Student Services Officer 5
Department Job Title: Director of Admissions, MBA for Executives
Leads the recruitment, selection, and yield of the strongest possible student body for Yale School of Management’s (Yale SOM) MBA for Executives (EMBA). Leads an admissions team of M&P and C&T employees, providing strategic guidance, driving operational efficiency, and ensuring a best-in-class, end-to-end customer experience for incoming students. Reports to the Assistant Dean.
- Leads the development of marketing and recruitment strategies, messages, and channels to promote the EMBA program and increase the pipeline of prospective applicants. In coordination with Yale SOM Communications, generates marketing content (including brochures, online content, digital marketing, and presentations) and ensures placement of “earned media” content to raise awareness about the EMBA program.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of students for the EMBA program. Evaluates all admissions applications, interviews prospective students, and independently assesses each application against a variety of factors, including the applicant’s strengths, weaknesses, and potential contribution to the Yale community. Leads the EMBA Admissions and Scholarship Committees, working collaboratively with Yale SOM Financial Aid department. Trains staff in best practices. Reports on overall spending and discount rate per class.
- Leads the recruiting, marketing, and yield efforts for various fellowships supported by the EMBA program. Coordinates with fellowship faculty and stakeholders on timing, outreach, financing, reporting, and documentation.
- Strategizes and drives recruiting and yield efforts (including on- and off-campus and virtual events, master classes and faculty speaker events, materials, and community outreach) and engages in corporate outreach with key industries and partners. Coordinates travel schedule with Yale SOM internal departments (including MBA Admissions, Development & Alumni Relations, Career Development Office, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Executive Education, and Global Programs) and faculty. Ensures highest possible yield outcomes for admitted candidates. Work with the EMBA program team to manage the enrollment and onboarding of students including registration, pre-arrival communications, visa support, and orientation. Ensures smooth handoff to program team. Provides guidance and counseling to prospective and incoming students.
- Effectively represents the Yale SOM and EMBA program in front of a variety of audiences, including Yale SOM Boards, donors, committees, Global Network for Advanced Management partners, prospective applicants, students, staff, and alumni. Develops and delivers public presentations (including via webinars) designed to promote Yale SOM programs to prospective applicants. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell.
- Works with the Assistant Dean of the EMBA program on the strategic development and evolution of the program and its positioning. Keeps abreast of market trends for management education.
- Reports regularly to Assistant Dean with recruiting, admissions and yield updates, and financial aid/scholarship data, and makes data-driven recommendations on admissions and recruitment strategies. Delivers class profile data and supports external reporting as required.
- CRM/Slate super user, driving operational efficiency in application processing, reporting and communications alongside operations staff.
- Supervises, trains, and develops M&P and C&T staff members.
- Participates on key Yale SOM committees, and liaises with SOM IT, Central IT, Academic Affairs and Student Life, Career Development Office, OISS, the Business Office and other Yale departments as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and six years of experience in admissions, registration, placement, financial aid, student counseling or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity; “can do” attitude.
- Ability to craft and articulate messages for various audiences.
- Superior demonstrated written and oral communication skills, particularly in one-on-one and large group settings. Comfortable working with top-level executives.
- Significant global experience, understanding of and appreciation for the needs and concerns of a diverse student body with global backgrounds.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to mentor and develop a growing team.
- High-level analytical skills, strong managerial and computer skills.
- Must be available for extensive domestic and international travel. Ability to work occasional weekends and class days, both on and off campus.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Master’s degree. Experience in MBA-, Management Master’s-level, or Executive MBA admissions. Knowledge of Yale SOM environment, including people, facilities, and departments. Global orientation; experience working across countries and regions, and fluency in more than one language.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.