Job Family: Clerical and Technical
STARS Requisition: 73298BR
University Job Title: Graphic/Web Assistant 2
Department Job Title: Communications Program Coordinator
The Communications Program Coordinator (PC) provides advanced support to promote and engage alumni through varied communication outreach. The PC will support event and email marketing, maintain the website, draft written communication, and assist with basic graphic design. Reports to the Director of Alumni Communications and Marketing.
- Support the communications team in building a cohesive marketing strategy for promotion of alumni events. Create event pages and registration links on the appropriate platform and monitor registration.
- Serve as a liaison with the Alumni Engagement team to plan and execute effective marketing strategies for alumni events.
- Provide input and design expertise to all alumni email marketing efforts and design projects.
- Manage upkeep of Alumni Groups/Hivebrite platform: including reporting on any bugs/issues, liaising with IT for maintenance/upgrades, and working to improve communications and processes.
- Maintain, modify, and update existing website utilizing Drupal editor or HTML. Keep website current, determine sources, and compile information for updates and input. Assist in website design, editing, and developing content of site. Identify, evaluate, and solve website problems.
- Proofread and draft written copy for digital assets (e.g., website, blogs, social media, email, event marketing) and print materials.
- Assist with all print graphic design projects for Development & Alumni Relations. Responsible for stewarding drafts, communicating between designer, DAR staff, and printer, and processing payments to vendors.
- Serve as project coordinator for annual honor roll/philanthropy report. Assist in compiling donor and board lists, creating and maintaining timelines, tracking interview responses, and coordinating printing/mailing.
- With input from team members and SOM Communications, ensure branding and messaging is clear, concise, consistent, and not duplicative across the multiple communication channels utilized by Development and Alumni Relations.
- Submit Alumni Relations news items and events for inclusion in weekly e-newsletters at Yale School of Management (SOM) and Yale. Ensure all alumni events are posted on the DAR shared calendar, as well as notable Yale SOM and/or Yale University events and milestones, (e.g., student-run conferences, virtual events, and reunion events).
- Assist with running queries and exporting reports on HOPPER that pertain to alumni activity related to the school or job/industry inquiries.
- Use the university’s electronic systems for expense management, travel reservations, creating purchase orders in Workday, and placing orders with vendors. Collect receipts for reimbursement of travel (domestic and international) and monitor reimbursement to Yale. Work closely with department’s business office in execution of all financial transactions. Prepare all documents in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member of the Development and Alumni Relations support team and provide back-up for other team members. Perform additional functions incidental to activities in the Development and Alumni Relations office to maintain high level of support.
Required Education & Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on advanced writing ability, strong attention to detail, and excellent judgment. Excellent follow up and research skills. Writing samples required.
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Innovative and creative self-starter, ability to demonstrate initiative and integrity, and aptitude for learning new systems.
- Ability to work independently and effectively while engaging and performing as part of a team. Ability to manage conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
Experience with website management and content management systems (Drupal, HTML, and project management systems (Jira). Adobe Creative Suite, specifically photo editing and typesetting.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.