International Week Kicks Off at Yale SOM
A series of student-run events highlights the cultural diversity of Yale SOM.
Monday marked the beginning of International Week here at Yale SOM. All this week, students are presenting a variety of lunchtime and evening cultural events and activities highlighting the diversity of cultural and geographical backgrounds at the school.
- QUINCUNX. A cross-cultural skit show highlighting the perceived cultural differences between countries.
- Around the World in 60 Minutes: Country TED Talks. Students are given five minutes to summarize their country’s highs, lows, and what sets them apart.
- The Intersection of Business and Religion. A panel discussion on how religion interacts with business around the world.
- Lunar New Year celebration. Charley’s Place will present a Chinese New Year menu for lunch, and students from the Greater China and Korea clubs will be making dumplings in honor of the Lunar New Year.
- An international food festival, featuring dishes made by several Master of Advanced Management students.
The week concludes with the annual Garstka Cup hockey game, which pits first-year MBA students again their second-year peers.