On Tuesday September 5th, the ICF hosted an event open to the entire SOM community which brought in an educational representative from Bloomberg to provide a training of how to use Bloomberg terminals. Students, faculty and staff use the Bloomberg terminals in their everyday studies and research to obtain the most up to date and accurate financial information and news. One of the ICF’s main goals is to provide access to helpful educational resources for the SOM community such as this Bloomberg terminal demonstration which will aid students not only while at SOM but also in their future careers.
70 SOM students participated in this event which provided an introduction and general overview of how the Bloomberg terminals work. Some of the features shown included:
- Using basic, helpful commands
- How to download data into an Excel spreadsheet
- How to find top companies in each field as well as their competitors
- A breakdown of company revenue sources
- Valuations and comparables for companies
- Basic news and information on public and some private companies
- Viewing how certain events affected markets and economies
- Maps and datasets
Scroll down below to see pictures from the event!