Happy New Year from the Office of Admissions! As we enter the 2020s, you may be thinking about what your career will look like over the next decade. If business school is a serious part of your considerations, and you’re weighing if 2020 is the right time to apply, I encourage you to make use of the many great resources we have available to our applicants. One particular resource I would like to highlight is our many webinars. Over the last several months, my colleagues and I, along with some special guests, have hosted a number of informative webinars on a variety of topics, including:
- Application Tips: Joanne Legler, director of admissions, and María Stutsman y Márquez, associate director of admissions, went into depth on each of the components of the MBA for Executives application. They shared perspective on what the Admissions Committee looks for in an application and offered tips on putting forth the strongest possible profile. This is especially valuable if you’re preparing for the upcoming Round 2 deadline (January 30, 2020)!
- Panel of Peers: You may have read about Panel of Peers (POP), a student-run initiative where students share their perspective on a number of important subjects. This year, POP covered topics such as finance and innovation, business and the environment, and veteran inclusion.
- The Executive Assessment: We were grateful to once again partner with Eric Chambers, market development director for the Americas at the Graduate Management Admission Council, on this webinar. Eric provided a view into the structure of the Executive Assessment, as well as tips and insights for applicants who are preparing for the test. We were also joined by current students who were able to share insights from their own testing experiences.
- Financial Aid: We were joined on this webinar by Rebekah Melville, managing director of financial aid, who spoke at length about the financial aid opportunities available at Yale SOM and the many ways in which students can finance their EMBA. She also hosted a separate session detailing resources U.S. military veterans may be eligible for.
- Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellowship Panel: I already mentioned our Panel of Peers sessions above, but one particular panel worth calling out featured our inaugural Pozen-Commonwealth Fund Fellows discussing their work in health equity.
- Areas of Focus: Wendy Tsung, assistant dean, and María Stutsman y Márquez walked through the three areas of focus offered in the MBA for Executives program. They talked in depth about the curriculum for each area, and shared insights that can help you determine your alignment.
We have many more great webinars in store for 2020, and we encourage you to tune in! If you think 2020 may be your year to take the next step in your EMBA journey, make sure to connect with us by checking out one (or all!) of these webinars, attending our February or March on-campus Saturday information sessions, or reaching out to us for feedback through a résumé pre-assessment request. We are eager to see where the next year will take you!
Assistant Director of Operations and Marketing
MBA for Executives