Two common areas on either side of the courtyard are quickly becoming hubs of life in Edward P. Evans Hall.
The Ellis-Lorimer Commons features dining tables and screens to facilitate collaborative work. Located on the north side of the first floor, the main dining area in Evans Hall is a gift of Linda Koch Lorimer LAW ’77 and Charles D. Ellis YC ’59. The Sol LeWitt artwork, Wall Drawing #1151: Bands of color within squares, serves as a striking backdrop.
Ligon-Lamsam Student Commons
Located on the south side of the first floor, Ligon-Lamsam Student Commons serves as the equivalent of the much beloved “Hall of Mirrors” gathering space in the old campus. The flexible space provides a range of seating arrangements for students to work together or just socialize between classes. It’s also the site of the Admissions Welcome Center. This space is the gift of Yale SOM alumni, Austin Ligon '80 and Samornmitr “Pan” Lamsam '80, YC '76, named in honor of their fathers William Ligon and Kasem Lamsam. The Sol LeWitt artwork, Wall Drawing #947: Esther's piece, graces the length of the Ligon-Lamsam Student Commons.