Detailed Job Listing:
JOB FAMILY: MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL
STARS Requisition: 76229BR
University Job Title: Program Manager
Department Job Title: Associate Director for Yale Program on Financial Stability and Master of Management Studies
Reporting to the Faculty Director of the Yale Program on Financial Stability (YPFS) and the MMS – Systemic Risk Program, manages and directs the operational, programmatic, and admissions aspects of the Programs. Provides strategic input for key elements of admissions, marketing, student affairs, as well as student and alumni services. Plans, coordinates, and delivers programs that support the YPFS goals and missions. Serves as point-of-contact for managing all YPFS relationships with central banks and other international organizations. Works with other YPFS personnel to establish, maintain, and deepen these relationships across all YPFS programs.
- Plans, directs, and manages projects for the programs. Manages requests and issues, independently solves problems and issues as they arise.
- Participates in developing long-term strategies and goals for the programs. Determines resources needed to achieve objectives.
- Manages the infrastructure of the program which includes the daily activities of full-time and casual C&T staff. Coordinates work with other M&P staff as they relate to the specific substantive coverage area. Responsible for coaching, developing, and evaluating direct report employees.
- In concert with the Director MMS – Systemic Risk and Director- New Bagehot Project YPFS, and the Communications team, ensures that the content on all relevant websites and marketing materials optimally promotes the programs.
- Plans and executes a comprehensive marketing program to build broad awareness of the YPFS and MMS-Systemic Risk Program among all relevant constituencies, and to drive inquiries and applications.
- In concert with SOM Communications, contributes to YPFS and MMS SR brand building efforts across digital, print and PR, including but not limited to, website development, social media outreach, print collateral development, email development, communication with media outlets, and press kit preparation.
- In concert with the Director, supports active recruitment efforts.
- In concert with the Director, New Bagehot Project, manages all senior-level relationships with central banks and other international agencies.
- Serves as the lead user of Salesforce to coordinate all YPFS interactions for these relationships.
- Partners with Alumni Relations to conceptualize, develop, and manage the framework and infrastructure for relevant alumni networks for Yale MMS Systemic Risk graduates.
- Counsels prospective applicants regarding admission requirements and application processes. Serves on MSS Admissions review committee.
- Manages and ensures deadlines of required documentation for admitted and enrolled students, including shipment of admitted and enrollment materials, generation and mailing of visa documents for incoming students.
- Contributes to the execution of a range of student programs and services for students enrolled in the MMS – Systemic Risk Program including onboarding, registration, communications, visa and financial aid issues, housing, academic counseling, student activities, and curriculum coordination.
- Composes weekly newsletters and other significant communications for the YPFS and MMS Systemic Risk programs.
- Serves as on-site troubleshooter and operational point person for programs and individual program participants and resource for other team members.
- Maintains and strengthens existing relationships with central banks and regulatory agencies for student recruitment and participation in yearly YPFS conference.
- Directs and oversees outreach to YPFS Advisory Board members.
- Directs and oversees the organization and coordination of meetings, conferences, events, travel, etc. Develops and organizes research publications, and special projects.
- In collaboration with the Faculty Director, arranges and identifies speakers for yearly conferences. Provides comprehensive on-site management as dictated by program needs. Ensures high level customer service is provided to guests and clients, ensuring that respect, responsiveness, and professionalism is demonstrated and that key issues are addressed.
- Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. Develops metrics to identify and measure the success of the program.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors/partners, contractors, and reviews and authorizes spending from department budgets. Works to assure the most cost-effective distribution and control of budgeted expenditures with outside vendors. Prepares budgetary recommendations, monitors existing budgets, and prepares financial and operational reports. Identifies opportunities to organize and allocate resources to ensure the highest levels of organizational productivity and efficiency.
- Interfaces with SOM IT and outside vendors to coordinate the technology aspects of the Programs. Identifies editorial changes to websites and coordinates design and site changes with SOM IT. Builds databases for research and teaching. Directs and approves computer and electronic equipment for the Programs.
- Formulates and implements office procedures to enhance production and efficiency. Hires and coordinates the use of temporary employees, work-study interns, research assistants, and student employees, as needed for special project work.
- Special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency with Windows and Microsoft products.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with students, faculty, administrators. Strong interest in contributing to the strengths and vitality of Yale University.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple processes and projects simultaneously. Ability to deploy resources efficiently and effectively. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to build and develop strong internal and external relationships, representing the YPFS at high levels of central banks and other international organizations.
- Superior demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Ability to craft and articulate messages for various audiences.
- Serve as the lead user of Salesforce to manage all YPFS relationships.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Global orientation, experience working across countries and regions, and prior experience with Salesforce software.
- Customer Service Focus – Listening carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively responding to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Teamwork/Communication – Working cooperatively to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Product Excellence – Provide the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality.
- Leadership – Provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Innovative – Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking – Recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.